Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Wildlife Management / Food Plots
 **Updated** on 12/10 - My PA Food Plot Pics >

**Updated** on 12/10 - My PA Food Plot Pics

Community
Wildlife Management / Food Plots This forum is about all wildlife management including deer, food plots, land management, predators etc.

**Updated** on 12/10 - My PA Food Plot Pics

Old 08-15-2006, 07:04 AM

Default RE: My PA Food Plot Pics - 8/13 - *Update Again*

its coming together real well man. keep us posted. cant wait to see some pics later!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well the seeds have been in the ground for exactly a week and a day now and it seems they germinated well. Here are pics of the plot from this afternoon. Does this seem good so far for a week with good rain? I have been fortunate with two rains since seeding including one slow soaking rain late last week. Can't wait to see this in 4 weeks, hopefully it is all grown in thick by then. The strip furthest to the right is some blend of rape/kale/turnip and this seems to be growing best. The second patch from the right is biologic premium perennial. The third from the right is biologic maximum, and then the rest is full draw. The full draw seems to be going slowest. Can anyone identify which exact plants these are in the close up pics?

Old 08-22-2006, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

No one can identify what these plants are exactly out of the mixes? [8D]
Old 08-22-2006, 08:15 AM
Typical Buck

Rick - young plants (brassicas/cole crops) all look pretty similar. If you told me that you planted broccoli and cabbage (1st and 3rd "finger"pics), I'd believed you. The middle pic escapes me for the moment...

-fsh
Old 08-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

The "square looking" seedlings are brassicas as was said, before the main leaves sprout. The Are all similar looking plants and in 1-2 weeks will look like this:

These are mostly Kale & Rapeseed.

The second picture to the end looks like a weed. It looks to me like Red Sorrel - which I get in abundace on my really acidic soil areas -

http://www.ppws.vt.edu/scott/weed_id/rumaa.htm

Hopefully its not that. So many plants look the same when they are young - keep your eye on the unidentified ones - they can tell you alot about your soil situation.

FH

Old 08-23-2006, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hopefully it's not weeds, we really sprayed the heck out of it w/ generic roundup and let it die off well, and the soil was testing 6.5-6.7ph consistently throughout the plot the day we seeded. Thanks for the input though.......I hope to get back down there to hang stands the weekend of 9/2-9/3 and hopefully it will be looking like your pic.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:38 PM

Looks good. Lots of hard work.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My PA Food Plot Pics - 7/21 -

good luck getting some deer there this year
Old 08-28-2006, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

More pics.........for some reason the top of the plot is coming in more than the bottom downhill side.......could just be the different seed doing better in my soil conditions.

Does this look like a normal amount of growth for 2 weeks from seeding? It seems thin to me. Lots of rain and sunshine in these 2 weeks too........I guess I am happy with the overall growth of the plants that are coming up, I just thought there would be more of them and it would be thicker. Do you guys think it will thicken up more? Some of the larger plants you see mixed in are weeds......unfortunately I think I let too much time elapse between discing and seeding. The broken ground sat for quite a while (probably 4-6 weeks) between discing and seeding.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Looks about right according to my plot at the same stage. In my pic where I disc'd up the area around the clovers and planted Buckwheat, the Buckwheat is at the same stage as those after 2 weeks.

Quick Reply: **Updated** on 12/10 - My PA Food Plot Pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.