Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 anyone have this happen, or similar? >

anyone have this happen, or similar?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

anyone have this happen, or similar?

Old 05-05-2005, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

Default anyone have this happen, or similar?

my buddy actually had his 30-30 knocked out of his hands by a big doe this year on the last day of rifle season in virginia. I was pushing some cover for him and he was sitting on the ground on the trail out of the cover. the doe came to a sliding stop, knocked into him and bolted down a power line. I wouldn't have believed him but I found tracks and he was totally white. funniest thing I have ever heard. couldn't help but poke fun for a bit.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:27 AM

Default RE: anyone have this happen, or similar?

I have had this happen many times. Ill tell 2. one time we were running dogs the deer came out (a spike ) and hit my uncle in the road behind his truck. It really bloodyed up his leg. It stuck him in the calf. so the stupid thing runs right back through where it came from and right through the middle of the dog and came out on the other road on me. This deer did a circle around me in the road close enough i was tryin to hit it with the gun. I shot it as it hit the woods again. A spike with 6 in horns.

the other time I had just shot a good eight point with my bow in the rut. I went to get my brother from his stand to help me look when I got like 20 yds I hear shhh. sit down. so I did and then I hear the deer coming a doe came by me 2 ft away and a 4 point right behind her. close calls.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lol!! Funny story man!
Old 05-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

I was almost run over by a doe. I had just shot one and it had fallen on the trail. Some guys were doing a push and another deer broke out late on the drive. She came barreling straight at me. We both kind of did one of those side step deals except we both went the same direction. Fortunately she was agile enough to cut back and miss me just as I had dove to the ground. I'd have been pretty messed up had she hit me head on.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:12 PM

I have had deer close but never close enough to run into me. Thats kind of funny!
Old 05-05-2005, 03:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

About 35 years ago while dog driving in SW Bama a friend of mine went to sleep laying next to a log. A yearling jumped over the log and landed on him scaring the crap out of both of them.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

I rode on the back of one in 1978
Old 05-05-2005, 04:37 PM

I've come close to that but the funniest thing I've ever seen a deer do was run headfirst into a tree and knock it'self silly for a while. I was scared out of a field by a combine harvesting corn and was in such a rush to get out of there it skidded on some dirt and smacked into the tree. It sat there in a daze for the longest time before getting up and slowly walking off with a slight limp. I never did see that deer again. Probably too embarased to show it's face.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:48 PM

Here's my funny close call story. My hunting partners Dad tells it. Sitting on a trail buried deep inside a bushy hemlock he hears movement to his right. It was a big pig of a doe. Adirondacks at that time was bucks only so he sits nice and quiet. The doe walk directly in from of him at a range of 2 feet. As she passes he whacks her on the A$$ with his glove. She jumped so high then kicked - and caught his new scope with the right rear hoof, shattering it. Good thing she didnt kick his teeth out

Old 05-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fishing several years ago .we were walking down a trail thru the brush (Blue Grass iland ,Maumee river) , more like a tunnel.
I spooked a doe .
It ran right down the trail ,running over my buddy.
He went down hard.
A hoof punched a hole in his waders leg ,took him to the doctor for 11 stiches .
Next day he was black & blue from head to toe.
He may never live it down..

Quick Reply: anyone have this happen, or similar?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.