Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Archery Mule Deer Success (photos) >

Archery Mule Deer Success (photos)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Archery Mule Deer Success (photos)

Old 09-15-2002, 09:33 PM

Default Archery Mule Deer Success (photos)

My buddy Tyler took this nice buck last thursday with his bow. I got home for lunch from work and the phone rang. It was Tyler and he said he had hit a buck but it was a little low an far back. He said he had watched it bed down a couple of times and was going to try and sneak in on it again to get another shot. It bedded just below a ridge and Tyler circled around it so he could come in from above it to get another shot. When he got there the buck was gone. He couldn't figure out how it had disappeared without him seeing it. He went back to work for a few hours in the afternoon and then went back to find it that afternoon. At 5:00 after work he phoned me on my cell phone and wanted me to come and help him get it. He had spotted it again bedded near a waterhole. I drove 100 miles an hour to get to where he was hunting so we would still have enough light to get in on it. We made a big circle around the waterhole and came in from behind. Tyler was going to crawl up over the bank above where the deer was bedded and I positioned myself at the North end since this is the way we figured it would head out if it took off. Tyler eased over the bank with his bow drawn and took a shot at the buck. He hit it high but with the steep downward angle it penetrated down into the chest. The buck came running right by me at about twenty yards and jumped the fence and headed for a nearby coulee. The buck made it right to the bottom of the coulee before it died. It took us until 9:45 to drag it out. Here are a couple of photos of it. We haven't scored it but it is a decent buck.

Cam's Hunting Page

Old 09-15-2002, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Archery Mule Deer Success (photos)

Saskman, thank`s for the story, and as always...Fantastic Pictures!

NRA,UBP,BASS Member
New Stanton,PA
Old 09-16-2002, 01:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Nice buck,glad you guys found it
Old 09-16-2002, 05:01 AM

Tell Tyler Congratulations for me!

Great story and Nice Buck!
Thanks

Greg

"Getting close to the game is the joy of Bowhunting for me, the harvest is a bonus."

Live 15 ft Python after eating a small Antelope!
Old 09-16-2002, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your friend thats a great buck.
Old 09-16-2002, 05:37 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-16-2002, 06:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's a goodun. Our nannies would run like hell if they saw something that looked like that in the woods......

Old 09-16-2002, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

That is a beauty of a buck. Good work and congrats to both of you guys for putting in the time to find it.

My Web Page
www.geocities.com/hfpmad

Old 09-16-2002, 09:45 AM

Nice buck!!! Heading out to Wyoming on the 5th of oct. to go after one of them guys!!! Thanks for showing me what to look for.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:54 AM

Nice deer and tell your friend he did good by not giving up on him. A lot of so called hunters would have walked away.

Congrats and thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Archery Mule Deer Success (photos)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.