Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Tracking/Trailing Wounded Deer with Dogs >

Tracking/Trailing Wounded Deer with Dogs

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tracking/Trailing Wounded Deer with Dogs

Old 09-15-2002, 08:23 PM

Default Tracking/Trailing Wounded Deer with Dogs

I've got an 11 week old boxer that I'd like to train to track wounded whitetails. I'm looking for information (articles, books, vidio's, e-mail addresses of trackers, etc.) on training dogs to track wounded deer. Thanks, Ken
Old 09-15-2002, 09:32 PM

Default RE: Tracking/Trailing Wounded Deer with Dogs

Keniowa-just go to yahoo or other search engines and type in "deer tracking dogs" there are several sites there for that topic and maybe even some books also. i would make sure at least at first if it is leagal in your state. my brother tried this once on a lost wounded deer and i think it worked but the bad part was the dog loved chasing the deer , even on his own. we couldnt brake him from it so we had to tie him up he would take off into the woods every chance he had, other than that he was a great dog. also remeber if the dog gets away from you in the woods there are some people who may shoot the dog , assuming it is just running deer. hope this helps, annie.