Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anyone Bow Hunting Alberta

Old 04-01-2005, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Anyone Bow Hunting Alberta

I have been offered a chance to bow hunt Alberta between August 25th and September 30th .... I was wondering if any of you guys have hunted during that time in Alberta and if so what your experience was?
Old 04-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Anyone Bow Hunting Alberta

I'm from here so I guess I can answer your question. It all depends on what you are hunting for and where. Give me some more specifics and I'll give you some insight. JDinAB
Old 04-01-2005, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where you hunting at in Alberta, I just bought a place there in lethbridge on the east side of the rockies. Bobby
Old 04-02-2005, 05:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

JD and Bobby thank you for your reply .... I will be hunting WT & Mule Deer in area 527 ...I hope this helps ... you can email me direct at [email protected] ...I would appreciate any info or opinion you can give me ...I have gun hunted Alberta twice in the past ... mostly in area 508

Doc
Old 04-03-2005, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

Doctor what is it you would like to know?

You must be lookn for a buck in velvet?
Doctor where did ya hunt in 508? I hunt most of 509

Al
Old 04-03-2005, 10:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nic I hunt close to Westlock .... I know nothing about 527 and was trying to get some info on it ...
Old 04-04-2005, 08:33 AM

Your up in Peace Country. Good healthy deer population, both big mulies and whitetails. Mulies like to hang out on the river breaks. Although it is far north this is good crop land and lots of wheat and oats with patches of dense spruce and bush. I hunt a lot in 523 which is the unit just to the south, but depending on our draws head into 527 fairly often, but I've never hunted the northern part of this zone. You can expect a pretty good chance of tagging a nice buck. Wild winters and wet springs have caused a bit of a boom in the population up there, and with lots of quality feed the bucks have had the necessary nutrition to grow big racks
Old 04-04-2005, 01:42 PM
KEM

If your bow hunting in Alberta it’s not so much where your hunting but with do you know the area or does your hunting partner.. Just like any other hunt you don't just drop in to an area and expect success. I am from the mid west part of Saskatchewan and spent 20 years tromping around in both Sask & Alberta as my close family is spread across it. If you want to succeed you have to hit the ground with some basic idea of the area.
If you know where you’re going, talk to farmers, get some satellite images and identify the transition zones. Your heading into the best North America has to offer so you might as well put in the effort to give yourself the best chance possible
Old 04-04-2005, 02:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Do any of you guys know anything about the outfitter Charlie Stricker...thats who I will be hunting with ...would appreciate any info you might have
Old 04-15-2005, 09:52 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry for the long delay in response...I live in Calgary and only hunted in 527 for a week a few years back. You definately need to do your homework if you will be hunting up there. Lots of animals but you need to know where they are hanging out. If you are looking for a trophy, I would wait for closer to the rut. Chances are way better, but still good if you have a decent guide. I don't use any outfitters so I'm sorry I can't help you there. Good luck! JDinAB

Quick Reply: Anyone Bow Hunting Alberta

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.