Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Click here (updated)

Old 03-21-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Click here (updated)

today i was looking at a web site out of new jersey that had an article about anti-hunting and hunter harassment laws. this happened in the early or late 90's, i can't remember. anyway this bowhunter was out in the woods looking for his big buck and these anti-hunting folks followed him. then they decided to form a semi-circle in front of him as he was about to draw his bow. they basically harassed him and got a little squarley with him. he some how got ahold of the gamies and the bad guys were hauled off. the anti's claimed it was within their first amendment rights to do that. the judge in the case said no way jose, and new jersey stuck with their hunter harassment law. has anyone known this to happen anywhere else? have you guys in jersey heard about that?

i found where that article was that i was reading go to

http://www.freedomforum.org/template...cumentID=16243
Old 03-22-2005, 12:37 PM

Default RE: Click here.

Thats rediculous, the lengths they will go to to screw us over. But no I havent heard of this happening, I didnt even know this kind of thing went on.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:37 PM
Dominant Buck

You said in the woods, if it is on private property {Charge>Trespassing} they don't own it.
If it is on County or City property {Charge>Civil and Trespassing}
On a WMA {Charge>State and Federal}
Many WMA's are State and Federal Funded.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:40 PM
bigcountry

Me and a few guys this year was duck hunting in the Chesapeake bay in MD and were 200 yards from the nearest dwelling. Well a crazy lady came out yelling and screaming that we are breaking the law. Threaten to come to our houses. I yelled out my address. But never saw her. Anyway the DNR told her if she kept bothering us, he would have to write her a ticket.

Old 03-23-2005, 05:59 AM
Fork Horn

From what I have been told this is a true story (from reliable people).

A few years back, two guys were hunting in the Adirondacks who also happened to be ex Army Rangers. Well a bunch of antis were waiting by where they parked there cars when they arrived. As soon as the guys were ready and went into the woods, the antis just followed them in. Well, as it approached dark the antis realized that they were a hell of a long way to the road and it didn't seem like these two guys were in any hurry to go back. When they asked the hunters about when they were going in. The hunters just responded that they had sleeping bags and were staying for the night. They also said "We are prepared to stay for the night, you're not. And as soon as you guys fall asleep, we're leavin you here, and you're gonna die out here". Well the people never slept, they actually spent most of the night in an absolute panic. Needless to say, the 2 hunters never had a problem with those antis again.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:30 AM

All states need to have a anti hunter hunting season.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:55 PM

man jpm, that is a funny story. I loved it. But no, i haven't heard of that happening in WI. I know it happens though.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool story!
Old 03-24-2005, 01:20 PM

My youngest son and I did something similar in the Sierras. We left an assembly point, and noticed the guy assigned to harrass us was a flabby out of shape guy. My kid looks fat, but he's actually a Bubba type. We took off, at a slow pace, and pretty soon our tail was beggin' for water. Then we stepped up the pace an left him there. When we returned to camp that evening, he wasn't there, so somebody rescuded him. I'd imagine he lost intrest in protestin' huntin'. [X(]
Old 03-25-2005, 02:13 PM

Default RE: Click here (updated)

go to the web site that i added on here. it will take you strait to the article.
there are other links with similar topics too.

Quick Reply: Click here (updated)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.