Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Good Climbing Stand?

Old 01-08-2002, 10:13 AM

Default Good Climbing Stand?

Do you guys use climbing stands? I never have but had a guy offer to sell me an almost brand new summit viper XLS. which brands do you like? anyone have a SUmmit Viper?
Old 01-08-2002, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Good Climbing Stand?

I have a Viper and like it a lot. Very quiet, easy to hook up and climb. See if he will let you use it a couple of days and try it out before you buy it. I am going to get a second stand this summer and may get a Buckshot. You are hid behind the tree some with the Buckshot and that is the only thing about the Viper I don't like.
Old 01-08-2002, 10:21 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-08-2002, 10:57 AM

I just got a viper in Dec.
So far I am very impressed with it. The welds are very good, nice and light, and it's quiet. No pins or nuts, and the harness is excellent quality.

Edited by - 1st_lite on 01/08/2002 11:59:14
Old 01-08-2002, 11:12 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Do you guys use climbing stands? I never have but had a guy offer to sell me an almost brand new summit viper XLS. which brands do you like? anyone have a SUmmit Viper?
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>I have a summit viper I love it. It is easy to set up no pins to mess with and also very quiet.I have sat in it all day with no probelms.
Old 01-08-2002, 11:42 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-08-2002, 11:51 AM
Spike

The thing i would find out is why they guy is selling it. Don't fall for the old &quot;i just need the money&quot; cliche either. He needs the money alright, for another stand. I'd be willing to bet he has his eye on it't replacement.

The Summit stands are good but here are some things to consider. They are light, but they don't pack well. The cable attachment is strong and quiet while climbing, but they don't have alot of adjustment. Before the flames roll let me say that i had a Summit Viper and hunted out of it for a whole season before selling it.

Now your question. You wanted to know about what climbers are good, well the Summit is a good climber. However, if you want the best climber, take a look at the Treelounge.
Old 01-08-2002, 12:15 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 01-08-2002, 12:38 PM

I have a Summit Bushmaster and love it.

Are you using this for bow or rifle? The TreeLounge appears comfortable, but if you are a landlubber like me, you won't feel safe standing so far from the tree.

Do a search for previous posts on this topic, there are many.

Hunting is a right, treat it like a priviledge - respect nature
Old 01-08-2002, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Summit Bushmaster which is Summit's basic climber(no footrests/shooting rests etc.) and I love it. Personally I don't have any problems packing it up and down the hills here in VA and to me its one of the easiest stands to set up on a tree. Make sure you inspect the stand real good and compare the price he's asking to what a new one would cost. I also agree that you should give it a try out before you buy it if he will let you.

Quick Reply: Good Climbing Stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.