Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

mounting prices

Old 09-11-2002, 09:44 PM

Default mounting prices

what does a nice buck mount cost normally. i know that some of yall might not even live anywhere near me but can anyone just give me any kind of an estimate on it. im askin this so i can at least have an idea of it for when i shoot that niiiiiiiiiice biiiiiiig 12 pointer. when i get him im gonna dedicate him to you all lol. well thanx.

-antsmith64
Old 09-11-2002, 11:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: mounting prices

Where I live,it's anywhere from $300-$350 for a shoulder mount.
Old 09-12-2002, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

This same question was asked last year and if I remember correctly someone said as high as $500.00

FOOLPROOF?
Never underestimate the power of a fool!
Old 09-12-2002, 04:38 AM

it depends on the shop you take it to.$350.00 to $500.00 is a ballpark. cheap is not always good on a mount.take a look around to see if your buddy's are happy with theres.look at some that is a few years old.some look great for a year,but look terrible in two years.

if you get that trophy,you don't want to spent a couple hunderd $$ now and have to trash it next year.a good trophy should last you a lifetime.
Good Luck on the BIIIIIIIIG 12 pointer.

I am not a hunter I am a whitetail population reduction specialest

remember keep your back to the sun, your knife sharp, and your powder dry.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Where I took mine last year runs from 400 to 450. It all depended on the style of mount I chose. In our area you can get as cheap as 250 and I am sure it could have gotten more expensive. In some instances you get what you pay for...if it sounds to cheap, well it probably is. But don't get me wrong.....expensive doesn't always mean better. Do some research and even get some references from your taxidermist. If he is good he will have a some regular customers that will have mounts many years old.

My Web Page
www.geocities.com/hfpmad

Old 09-12-2002, 07:14 AM

There's n Amish guy near me who did my first buck last year for $240. I was skeptical at first but saw a few of his mounts and they were nice. He did an awesoem job on mine.
Old 09-12-2002, 08:29 AM
Spike

My taxidermist has last years buck right now and its going to cost 300$ for a shoulder mount.I was a little skeptical until I saw some of his mounts that other guys had and even more pleased when I saw some mounts in his shop.The guy I'm using is in NH,I'll let you know how it looks when I get it back next month.
Old 09-12-2002, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

The guy who did mine just won the Virginia state taxidermist contest last year and her charges 300 to 450.

Old 09-12-2002, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine cost me $55... But I mounted it myself too, lol. There are a few taxidermists around here that have been doing them for years, and cost from $280-350 and thery're all quality mounts.
Visit My Hunting Page
Old 09-12-2002, 12:30 PM
Fork Horn

I am a Taxidermist in Virginia I get $250 for shoulder mount.

Quick Reply: mounting prices

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.