:D:);) http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v704/alwyshntn/RedneckChristmasDeer.jpg" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 die hard hunters (check this out) >

die hard hunters (check this out)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

die hard hunters (check this out)

Old 02-27-2005, 07:41 PM

Default RE: die hard hunters (check this out)

i'm sorry for the controversy this has generated. Hunting is suppose to be a fun thing with family and friends with good times and laughs. I recieved that pic in my e-mail and just thought it was funny and wanted to share it with everyone. I guess I didn't read into it that deep I just thought it was inventive and funny. Teri Clark has a song out called I THINK THE WORLD NEEDS A DRINK and I will second that. The bottom line is everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion and I respect yours and mine equally. BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN I AGREE!!! TO EACH HIS OWN>RELAX
Old 02-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL
Old 02-27-2005, 08:57 PM

alwys you dont have to apologize, I am not saying it wasn't funny... to us hunters. But like I said, unfortunately in todays world of twisted contexts, ill meaning opposition and PR that is spread readily by the major media we all must think of such the outcome of such collective actions. We was hunters must think of the consequences of our actions. That decoration would look great in a hunters garage, backyard or even on his back porch. But to have it in the front yard in clear public view (as it most certainly was as evidenced by the pics) was simply in poor taste and reflects badly on ALL hunters.

I'm sorry if I got a little hot under the collar, I just ask you all to PLEASE think about the consequences of your actions upon ALL of us in this sport that most of us love with almost a religious fervor!
RA
Old 02-28-2005, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator

Amen Red,
It is by our actions and what we say that we are judged by the general public. If we do what we do in good taste, with the good conscience to think of how what we are doing will look to the non-hunters/anti's/people in general, our sport will prevail for years to come.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

I too am with Red. Of course, I will not "tip toe around" when it comes to hunting, at the same time I don't need to advertise and make a spectacle of myself. It's called temperance, decorum. Just 'cause I wipe my butt after I use the bathroom doesn't mean I have to do it in the front yard or talk about it at the grocery store. In order to hunt, we have to carry guns to and from our cars. We do not need to put up questionnable displays like this -- or have license plates that read "if it's brown, it's down" or "if it flies, it dies" -- in order to hunt and enjoy hunting. It not only is asking for trouble to drive around with a game animal on the hood or roof of your vehicle, it generally isn't the best way to care for your game meat.

Like it or not, the decision on whether we continue to hunt 20 years from now, 10 years from now, 5 years from now is NOT in the hands of hunters but in the hands of the 90% of the people who do not hunt. If we hunters offend this 90% group, we can color our sport GONE.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:38 AM

I for one am "PROUD" to be an "AMERICAN HUNTER", and am not ashamed of the fact!!!! If people are afaird to show there true colors for FEAR they may be looked down on, is that "POLITICLY CORRECT"!!!!!! I for one am tired of my "RIGHTS" trampeled over!!!!! I think its time we came out of the "CLOSET" even if its quietly.When I do harvest a nice buck the tailgate stays down.
Old 03-01-2005, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

LOL!!
Old 03-01-2005, 11:13 AM

Red - I agree to not "pose" deer on ATVs or trailers, but I see no problem in leaving them exposed while traveling home from hunting. In MI, I think most hunters enjoy the drive home from hunting camp, watching other vehicles for deer, and catching a glimpse of antlers as they pass. Many a conversaion has been struck up at the rest area or restaraunt while admiring another hunters deer roped to their truck or trailer.

I DO NOT think deer need to be posed to ride ATVs, or be situated next to the cases of empty beer cans, or have excessive amounts of blood, etc..

When we leave camp, we usually (hopefully) have all our deer situated on the trailer to allow other vehicles to see the heads, and cover the rest with a tarp (usually to protect from road salt).

We hunters should be proud of what we do, coservative and cautious, but not ashamed.

Erik

Rusty Axe Camp
Old 03-01-2005, 11:25 AM

That's hilarious. The guy who made that should market it in cabelas or eders. I'd have one in my yard for sure.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

tastless or not, i liked it

Quick Reply: die hard hunters (check this out)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.