Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Goliath deer Mount 4 sale on e-bay >

Goliath deer Mount 4 sale on e-bay

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Goliath deer Mount 4 sale on e-bay

Old 02-27-2005, 07:34 PM

Default RE: Goliath deer Mount 4 sale on e-bay

WOW, thats a pretty cool mount. It looks kinda fake to me though.

I dont think I'd pay that much for it either, but I dont know. Might be cool to have.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Wow .. That is crazy!!!
Old 02-27-2005, 08:01 PM

ORIGINAL: cutter81

Ice Dragon. Goliath was a breeder buck on a farm in Pennsylvania. Goliath died in December at the age of 7 1/2 years old. In 1999 this buck was stolen from the farm and wasn't found until 2003 at another farm in Pennsylvania. DNA smaples were used in court to return him to his owner. At 2 1/2 years old this buck scored around 230 BC. At the time of his death he scored around 430 BC.
OK thank you
Old 02-27-2005, 08:35 PM

Since you can get the Hole-in-the-Horn REP for $5k I bet the Goliath REP has a reserve set around that but will go for 7k or 8k...

It's a tremedous deer and famous too which helps.

They really don't give enough info...
Old 02-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Very nice taxidermy work on the cape, but he antlers look 'glass like'.
Old 02-28-2005, 05:03 AM
Typical Buck

The taxidermy is mediocre at best. Although the eyes and the facial detail are good, one can easily see the seams on the back of the neck and the fit of the hide to the back of the pedistal is sloppy. I'm not so sure that I would have used plywood for the mounting base as well. I'd have picked a good solid hardwood, something a little fancier.

I hope the bidders know that the rack is a reproduction, fake, hopefully legally cast from the originals. They are fiberglass or resin, the buyer is not getting the actual set of antlers and I'm sure that this guy has many more of the racks on standby. Yeah, they'll make a good conversation piece for shows and people will flock to the booth that has this mount until they find out that it is fake.....and that "Joe Outfitter" around the corner has another one...

$1500 so far, man how some folkes are blinded by rack size...
Old 02-28-2005, 06:08 AM

Cyclone

Looked at the mount. The fit of the hide to the back is a matter of opinion. They are done that way and its very evenly done. Looks professional to me. All the other detail is very goood, including the painting job on the finish work. Its definitely top notch taxidermy work. Nothing shabby about that . And what you think is plywood is actually high grade solid oak from what I see. The back of the mount is very nice smooth leather.

Jeff
Old 02-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

One can easily see the stitched seam along the back of the neck. This mount at best would perhaps render a third place ribbon in competition. The base is plywood, veneer, I doubt that it is even oak. You can easily spot the seam where it has been pieced together. Look at the base near the brisket. The edge gives it away..it shows the middle of the plywood section, clearly...

Don't get me wrong, it will sell and it will draw a crowd on display, right up until folks find out it's a fake...Sell peanuts perhaps, but I'd rather see a well done spike instead..

I wonder what the reserve bid is?
Old 02-28-2005, 08:03 AM

The mount in horrible IMO, the mouth expression is stupid looking to me. I realize it is "supposed" to be a lip curl, but it sucks. I've got several on the wall that look much better. The horns also look cheesy and not a all authenic. Honestly, I wouldn't give you $100 for that mount. It's pathetic.
Old 02-28-2005, 08:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

What is the big thing about this deer anyway,basically it was someones pet. Never wild never hunted. Sat behind a fence and had it's sperm drained it's entire life. I see nothing important about how big of a rack this buck had because it's not wild. Tame deer might as well lived in a zoo, really nothing more then an investment and money maker for these folks.

I wouldn't hang the thing in my house if it was free.

Quick Reply: Goliath deer Mount 4 sale on e-bay

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.