Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 North American Hunting Club??? >

North American Hunting Club???

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

North American Hunting Club???

Old 02-16-2005, 01:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: North American Hunting Club???

Funny how I lose my zest for hunting mags as soon as season is over[X(] It's like dangling a carrot in front of my face, seems to be teasing me since I can't get out to hunt anything[:@] I do like thumbing through my Big Buck mag. to get the juices flowing and see how people faired that year, then I like to do some shedding and gopher shooting. Come late summer I start all over again buying every book on the shelf in preparation for the fall...funny cycle with me JDinAB
Old 02-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

I just joined a very short time ago... so far it's been good. The organization that owns the NAHC (North American Membership Group) has many other clubs like this in other areas of interest.

The website is decent... I just got my first magazine in it which actually looks pretty good and has some good info.

For the canadians on this thread, the message board is actually pretty nice as it not only has a Canadian section, but also goes down to the provincial level (i.e. Quebec, Ontario, Alberta, etc... are there any others? I'm American :-))

It may be me trying to justify to myself the $ 24/year I spent, but I think it's just another source of information. If you are looking for it, it's worthwhile.

My $.02

Cheers
Old 02-16-2005, 02:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the NAHC is worth it. The mag is good and I got the lifetime membership for that reason and for the gifts and field tester options (however, I have only gotten 2 tests so far and they were "impressive" - small lanter and soap). They are like any club or group (let me ask how much stuff people get from the NRA?? - talk about excessive). I'm not going to tell you they are the best in the world and I have had some issues (problems with them receiving my payments - it worked out fine; and I have problems with their book club - kept getting books and returning, but then they say I didn't retun them) in the end eveything has worked out well and they are very good at making things right. I hope to get some "good" test stuff in the future. If you like the magazine, get a subscription, that in itself is worth it.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:29 PM

i am a member and i think the club is not half bad. I got some cool things to field test like minerals and ammo and the mag is pretty good it has a nice amount of info in it for what it is worth. i must say i like it for the price!!
Old 02-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

So some say good, some say ok and other say nay...thank you for your info.

Do they send out items such as books,etc without asking if you want them in the first place? If so do you have to pay for them to be returned to NAHC? How often does one receive such materials? I remember the old lady was into the Columbia Record Club and they were down right Annoying, so if anything like this I want no part.

While the field test thing sounds like a good idea, I have to wonder how much opportunity a Canadian like myself would actually get in this department.

I believe in promotion of our sport and 24/year is not a lot but I personally would rather donate it to our local SWF or similar groups who work in my area promoting/buying lands/etc.

JD, the internet has really changed how we all have access to realtime info and our peers reviews/techniques to me mean much more than a sponsored one. As such I don't really buy to many mags anymore.. to many ads and articles about stuff not pertaining to my area. I have had a sub to Big Buck and will till it or I die, but other than that I thumb through at the store or airport and generally leave with a Paper instead.
Old 02-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Skeeter ,
I'm not sure what the law up there says , but in most US states if you get something in the mail that you didn't order you can either mark it "REFUSED" and send it back at their expense or just keep the item .

Yes , they sometimes send their members unsolicited goods in the hope that they'll buy them , a call to the office cures that . I've personally had few problems with this . Usually I just get a mailer advertising something .
Old 02-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Kevin
Old 02-17-2005, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a member,I think I got it from the Realtree web site.
Even though I'm Canadian I am also a member of the NRA.
I'm also a member of the B.C. Wildlife Federation as well as the
Rocker Mountain Elk Mt Foundation.
Anything that promotes the Sport of Hunting and Conservation as well as Gun rights I'll support regardless of what side of the border.
If there is anything else I'm missing and can support let me know regardless of the size.The way I feel the more voices there are the more we are listened.
Old 02-17-2005, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Save your money.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

here it is plain and simple:

Magazine - good
Lifetime Membership - worth it; nice gifts
Customer service - very good
Inconvenience (having to return things, etc.) - a consideration, but refer to cust. service comment
Field Test - better be a lifetime member if you want a realistic chance
website & discussion board - pretty nice
TV show - pretty good

Overall - good organization

Quick Reply: North American Hunting Club???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.