Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

The worst time of year

Old 02-15-2005, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The worst time of year

looks like yote huntin until bow season starts up
Old 02-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah this no hockey siht is killin me![:@]
Old 02-15-2005, 09:21 PM

I really miss the hockey. Hockey and Hutnign is all I live for and I cant do either right now, I think ill go jump off a cliff!
Old 02-15-2005, 10:26 PM

Baseball will save me from the depression college class and work. Hog hunting will be the one thing that will really pull me through though.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

girl watching season is always open
Old 02-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

You've gotta be kidding....Lots to do...Take every gun you have...give them a good cleaning, refinish the stock..etc....In NC we still have quail, rabbit, crows, coyotes etc....Make your own electronic caller, download sounds from internet....Pull out your muzzleloader and work up that 150 yard load, with all the new bullets available for muzzleloaders, that takes a lot of time...If its time for a new one....now is a good time to pick up a deal....most dealers are ready to take low dollar on the ones they have in stock...Clean up some new trees to hunt next deer season...clean shooting lanes...make 4-wheeler trails...Try some new loads in your deer rifle....See how good it really shoots.
If you have a favorite load....buy a case....its only 10 boxes...get the dealer to cut you a deal....Do some preseason scouting for deer...lots of scrapes can still be found....this is the best time of year to find a new spot for this year....Get the idea...still plenty to do.....btw...its not illegal to go sit in your deer stand and see whats happening now...just leave the gun at home...take a good pair if binoculars and maybe your cam corder...Buy a muzzleloader sidelock kit...and put it together yourself....then you can play with different loads for it....

Hockey??? Forget about those high-paid jerks...they can work 6-10 years and retire...and will make more $$$ than we can in our lifetime...If you do
need to watch sports...college basketball...did you see Texas Tech beat Kansas the other night??? Great game....
Old 02-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go kill some coyotes, bobcats, foxes, looking for sheds. Plenty of things to do. Right now is one of the best times to scout for next fall.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Cardeer,
You crack me up.

I agree with these guys! Go paintballing! Go fishing! While I don't enjoy fishing NEAR as much as hunting, it is still fun to have that big bass on the other end of your line, especially now, they are really going to start picking up here soon!! Go shed hunting/turkey scouting for the spring! Get next years foodplots ready and start feeding your deer the supplements and mineral they need in the winter months (although it is 70 degrees here in AR!![:'(]). Now is the time to really pattern the deer, plus, it isn't too hot. Get out there and stay fresh in the offseason by practicing on a couple of Coyotes.

If you are still board, I have plenty of college coursework that I could use a hand on!
Old 02-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

not me......saturdays were wierd not waking up before the sun and hunting till the sun sets.....but i found alot of things that i can do....shooting....working on guns....bust out the turkey calls soon...fishing and scouting as soon as the snow and ice is gone.....im keepin busy.....not even march and im patterning my turkey gun already....thats just so come march and april i dont have to burn time doing it.....ill know its ready....so i can go trout fishing.....cant wait....working on a few guns now......and doing some shooting about every weekend.....gota keep busy....
Old 02-16-2005, 03:41 PM

Scouting for next year,clearing shootin lanes and cutting paths."SHEDS"

Quick Reply: The worst time of year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.