Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

best state?

Old 02-11-2005, 09:36 PM

Default RE: best state?

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

Where have you been hunt'in? Ever heard of Buffalo County?
I think so.....isn't that down the road from Hooterville?[&:]

Anyway , your kids will end up with mad cow disease if yall eat our deer , your much better off going to Illinois or Texas!
No, Pixley is down the road from Hooterville, and it ain't anywhere near buffalo country. Hooterville is the nicknme for Petticoat Junction ain't it?
Old 02-12-2005, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kansas
Old 02-12-2005, 07:35 AM

1. Texas
2. Kanas
3. Canada IF you want to go sit in the cold and I know its not a state in the us but so be it!
Old 02-12-2005, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: woody7

I choose Texas, but not just for the numbers or racks. Hunting in Texas is like hunting 3 or 4 different states. Desert, Hill country Pineywoods, South Texas brush country, open plains. It is truly a unique place to live,hunt, fish and raise a family. Sorry, I'm not trying to brag, but you really have to try it to understand.
We also have the most deer per sq. mile. the hill country alone has more deer than most states, and some combined states. We also have the gulf of Mexico, and you wont ever have to worry about PETA, or your gun rights here in Texas. We will succeed from the US if ever it gets that bad. I guarantee it !
Old 02-12-2005, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

We also have the most deer per sq. mile. the hill country alone has more deer than most states, and some combined states. We also have the gulf of Mexico, and you wont ever have to worry about PETA, or your gun rights here in Texas. We will succeed from the US if ever it gets that bad. I guarantee it !
Old 02-12-2005, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Illinois is the best I've seen for a shot at a trophy
For shear numbers and a long season that allows you to kill a buck and a doe per day all season long I have to give a shot out to my home state of Alabama. We have 1.5 million deer in Alabama. Thats half as many deer as the whole state of Texas in a state one third the size.

hey todd ssshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

and the winner is texas wooo hooo!!!
Old 02-12-2005, 02:25 PM

Mule Deer... Unit 2 in NM... Whitetail I would have to be loyal to TX
Old 02-12-2005, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: m.t.hands

hey todd ssshhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

and the winner is texas wooo hooo!!!
AGREED!
Old 02-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree 100% with BOWFANATIC, not here in Wisconsin. With all the vast woodlands in the north and cornfields in the southern part of the state there really no habitat for them here, especially not Buffalo County! Geeez the biggest deer I seen this year was a little 16 pointer taken on state land, kinda sucks here. I'm thinkin' about hangin' up the old bow because of so few deer! Sucks!
Old 02-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

All of the deer have left Texas. There are no more deer here. Please look somewhere else. We would hate for you to waste all of your time looking for a non existant?? deer. Someone just about shot my bird dog thinking she was a doe. Larry No whiskey, me go home!!

Quick Reply: best state?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.