Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what do you use?

Old 09-07-2002, 09:56 PM

Default what do you use?

I was wondering what yall use to keep your scent down as much as possible?
I have been scouting a few times and it has been so hot that I have pretty much been leaving a sweat trail. I just think that is leaving too much scent.

http://www.cartogra.com/rs/35D6BABE-...77A760E/screen
Old 09-08-2002, 12:04 PM

Default RE: what do you use?

I shower with scent eliminator soap.Use scent blocker autumn formula spray on clothes and gear.16 inch rubber boots.I go early mornings or late afternnons when its cooler.Once ive cover an area ill stay out of it till temps drop down.And deer start making rubs and scapes.For right now im using a portable ground blind on the edge of the timber watching inside.

It's not how big the Deer,But the size of the experiance that matters!!

Edited by - carpetguy on 09/08/2002 13:05:44
Old 09-08-2002, 03:07 PM

Default RE: what do you use?

I don't worry about the scent that I leave behind while scouting because I do most of my scouting long before season and the scent that you leave behind is gone within a day or two. Maybe try a cover scent on the bottom of your boots like racoon urine, or skunk scent. They're both powerful and should do a good job of covering your scent, just remember don't wear your boots in your truck or in the house, your wife will get really angry.