Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My Deer Mount (PICS)

Old 01-31-2005, 04:18 PM

Default RE: My Deer Mount (PICS)

can't wait to see that rack when it's done!!
Old 01-31-2005, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking mount .
Old 02-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. It took mostly the whole Saturday afternoon. Everytime I mount a deer it seems to get easier, and everything seems to go smoother. Thanks again.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:22 PM

I think you did an excelent job mounting it I would hire you
Old 02-02-2005, 12:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

Looks alright to me.Better then I could do
Old 02-02-2005, 12:30 PM

If you want an honest opinion, here it goes. The mount as a whole doesn't look bad. It's the little things. The white hair in the nostrils have to be tucked in, they should not be on the outside of the nostril hole. The ears look like they should be a little higher. They look like they stick out too straight. The edges of the ears should be a little smoother. The black "V" on top of the nose looks a little off center. The deers left eye should be a little wider. The chest & arm pits look a little off to one side. Don't take any of this personally, just something to learn from. The next one you do you'll remember these little things.
Old 02-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

I saw your post on taxidermy.net. I'm a novice taxidermist myself and would be pretty happy with that deer. My mounts look better the farther away from them you get. Mounting deer has given me more appreciation for those that do it full time.

I don't know about you but I'm going to keep it as a hobby, it takes me about a day and a half. I've done four so far and will be doing my son's 8 point in a couple of weeks. I think it's real neat when you first put the hide on and it turns into a deer again.

Good luck with your next one.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Fork Horn

Hey KS,
A friend of mine started out just like you, mounting some deer, ducks and even turkeys on the side for fun, and now he is a full-time taxidermist and is excellent! He is doing my 1st buck, which I happened to take in chanute, KS this past rifle season. But your mount looks awesome, you keep it up and your friends will pay you some big bucks to mount their bucks - no pun intended. But hey, you can mount their deer for cheaper than another taxidermist, plust have some fun and make some money at the same time. Just depends how busy you want to be with it! Where in KS are you from?? (I think I have asked before but can't remember??)
Old 02-03-2005, 07:45 AM

good job and good luck
Old 02-03-2005, 09:49 AM

nice job on the mounts, you have some nice deer out therei wish i had more time to learn to do my wn mounts!!!!

Quick Reply: My Deer Mount (PICS)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.