Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 HOW MANY DID YOU NOT SHOOT DEAD ENOUGH? >

HOW MANY DID YOU NOT SHOOT DEAD ENOUGH?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

HOW MANY DID YOU NOT SHOOT DEAD ENOUGH?

Old 01-29-2005, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default HOW MANY DID YOU NOT SHOOT DEAD ENOUGH?

Next question boys and girls on our little exam is HOW MANY DID YOU NOT SHOOT DEAD ENOUGH? And this one is pretty much self explanitory. You hit it . Oh, you KNOW you hit it alright (with whatever weapon-see "HOW MANY DID YOU COMPLETELY MISS?"). Either that sucker bucked the cowboy when ya hit 'em, ya saw fur blow out the other side, blood, whatever. Ya know ya hit 'em but couldn't find him in the freezer no matter how much ice cream, popsicles or frozen pizzas ya looked under.

Remember honesty is your best friend.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:15 PM

Default RE: HOW MANY DID YOU NOT SHOOT DEAD ENOUGH?

hey i did that too only 2 but they were both this season which sucks. how about u
Old 01-29-2005, 09:36 PM

ok i will say it iv probably missed 8 deer in 5 years with my bow and gun together.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:52 PM

Well, I missed on the first shot, but the follow-up was a hit, so no "hit-and-runs" for me last season.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Never
Old 01-30-2005, 01:13 AM

In all honesty, the answer is 0. I have either missed completely 4 times in my life, or I have made the kill. I have never lost a deer. I was train from a small boy that you make sure of your shot and it only take one bullet to kill a deer. If at anytime you question anything about the shot, dont shoot. Following this has allowed me to keep deer in the freezer. I have seen the questions from you Uncle but I havent seen the answers yourself. How many have you missed, and how many didnt you shoot dead enough?
Old 01-30-2005, 07:05 AM

In my 18 years of hunting I've missed three. I've never wounded one that was unrecoverable. It's been over 10 years since I've missed because I agree with trmaker. If you're not 99.9% sure that the deer will drop when you shoot, you just don't shoot.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

same as ir655
Old 01-30-2005, 07:47 AM

-
Old 01-30-2005, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

missed out on a hog and 2 deer because my guns didnt fire....learned how important it is to clean your own guns, dont take your spouses word that it's been done, lol......i shot a doe during archery, lost it.......i shot at a hog, thought i hit it, but no blood and i jumped a hog while looking for it and there was no blood where it bedded, but that doesnt mean i didnt hit it, but i really think i missed, dont know how, but i do believe i did......this year i had the worst luck.....2 hogs in the freezer and no deer.......the hog i shot, dropped.......i've lost alot of deer becausei didnt have time to get the perfect shot, that is alright, but to lose it because youre not taking care of your firearms, well , that should never happen, clean them guns boys...........

Quick Reply: HOW MANY DID YOU NOT SHOOT DEAD ENOUGH?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.