Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

NOT MY STAND

Old 01-26-2005, 11:51 PM

Default RE: NOT MY STAND

Personally first I wouldn't trust some one elses wooden stand. It may look sturdy but I am not a light wieght and when the first good gust of wind kicks up I wouldn't feel safe. Secondly If I owned a climber, and I do (Summit Viper) I'd much rather sit in that over any wood stand anyway. Its more comfortable than any wood or steel ladder stand that I have ever sat in. I also own seven 15-16" high steel ladder stands from various manufacturers and have sat in my fair share of wooden ones. ( My ladder stands are all on my property that I own.). Lastly just use good etiquette. If you do use the stand offer to get out of it if the owner shows up. More than likely he'll end up moving on to another stand anyways since your already in the stand. Personally I would since I have my climber this would never be an issue with me, I'd just use my Viper.
Old 01-27-2005, 03:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Tough call. I would probably move on if that ladder looks new. I'm talking about 200 yds or so. I might take a risk and put a climber near his and hunt during a week day.Whenever I see a stand that may be getting use, I move on. Of course I also hunt WMA. "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Chcuk
Old 01-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know a place where a guy has 15 of those junk home made wooden ladder stands 8 feet tall set out across a few hundred acres of public land. He leaves them until they rot and thinks he can run everybody around because,
i was in a club once (3500 acres/10 members) and there was one guy that everytime you signed into an area he'd say " i got a stand over there" so what am i suppossed to do? not hunt anything he's got a stand close to, he can't sit in all of them at once, and i'm giving him and others in the club that come in behind me an idea of where i'll be. the only down-side to this is if they know you kill a deer or 2 they start following you around and hunting the area when your not there.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Canadian Bush Wacker
Spike

RE: NOT MY STAND (in reply to Champlain Islander)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is a easly way to answer it all, if you did not put it there, or bring it in, or pay for it, KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF,AND THAT MEANS YOUR ASS TOO.
Can I use your ATV while your in my stand???. Can I drive your Truck??
I can make a list much longer, shake your head and use common sence and respect. Please let me find you in my stand, Putz

If it fits on the bbq, shoot it
first of all, to all of those that gave decent replies and opinions, thank you. For ass holes like the canadian penis wacker, grow up and use a little decency when you reply. If you have an opinion, please feel free to give it. If you can't do it with tact, don't bother giving your thoughts.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:10 AM

If I did not put up the stand them I would not get in it. You would just be risking it.
Old 01-27-2005, 04:54 PM

Just curious,if the owner shows up pissed because maybe he's had bad experiences this season with other hunters in his stand and wanted to settle it with the law because he's fed up.I guess this is Bama guys since each state is different but whats the penalty.Fine,getting sued,worse maybe?A buddy of mine told me that it's a $150 dollar fine.I guess the owner could take it further if he wanted to right?I would just like to know incase someone was tresspassing my land and did it repeatedly.
Thanks,
JE
Old 01-27-2005, 09:09 PM

Really now who is being decent now, and might need of alot more tact than myself. And you gave no opion on the post, just a insult to me.
ORIGINAL: treehunter

Canadian Bush Wacker
Spike

RE: NOT MY STAND (in reply to Champlain Islander)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is a easly way to answer it all, if you did not put it there, or bring it in, or pay for it, KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF,AND THAT MEANS YOUR ASS TOO.
Can I use your ATV while your in my stand???. Can I drive your Truck??
I can make a list much longer, shake your head and use common sence and respect. Please let me find you in my stand, Putz

If it fits on the bbq, shoot it
first of all, to all of those that gave decent replies and opinions, thank you. For ass holes like the canadian penis wacker, grow up and use a little decency when you reply. If you have an opinion, please feel free to give it. If you can't do it with tact, don't bother giving your thoughts.
Old 01-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't be that guy that climbs up in anothers stand, nothing burns me up more than finding somebody else sitting in my stand.
Old 01-27-2005, 10:32 PM

Commen Sense,
Private Propority...Land Thats Not Yours That You DO NOT Have Permission To Be On Stay Off...Any Smart Hunter Knows That...Respect The Other Guys Propority...Would It Be So Hard To Ask The Guy?
Old 01-27-2005, 10:46 PM

Treehunter what did you end up doing, It you don't want to say thats ok. As I said earlier If I owned a climber I just put that up and use it, but now that your seasons over I'd find out who owns the property and go talk to them about that stand just to clarify it for next season. If you were lucky enough to get a deer this year bring the guy a couple of vension steaks and thank him for letting you hunt on his property. By doing this you'll earn his respect and you'll find out who owns that stand or atleast who has permission to hunt on the property. That way when it comes to next year you'll be set. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

Quick Reply: NOT MY STAND

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.