Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Golf course Goats

Old 01-24-2005, 03:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Golf course Goats

I seen a show today where Keith Warren is shooting antelopes on a Golf course,He just walked up within 20 yards of them like they were pets and stuck one, HUnting ???????
Old 01-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Golf course Goats

wow how challenging is that, i cant believe his show is still on, oh wait a minute, yes i can, i took some people out on a fishing trip, guided, and they wanted to know why i couldn't catch them like bill dance, these clowns would fish for 10 minutes drink beer the next 30, i would stick a fish and they would get up and fish like crazy for 10-15 minutes, and back to drinking beer. i caught 30 fish that day, i guess they thought it should be like bill dance, a 5 pounder every other cast. the vast majority has no idea what its really like in the real world of outdoors.
Old 01-24-2005, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah i saw that show today too Cardeer. I'm sure that was not very difficult at all to stick one of those pronghorns but i think the point of the show was to show that they are overpopulated and damaging the golf course in that area. I guess its kinda like my local golf course, Standing Stone, which allows people to hunt for Geese on their property when they get too abundant. I cant bash him for doing it, cause i'd probably do it too for some extra meat.
Old 01-25-2005, 01:01 AM

Doesn't sound like it makes for a very interesting show, or hunt. Those things are probably so used to people that you could hand feed 'em. I used to do that to some wild ducks at my folks cabin.

At least they were letting him thin out the herd. Out here they don't even let you do that. Then after the deer mess up the greens they hire professional sharpshooters.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keith Warren,..... seems like he "HUNTS" a LOT of petting zoos, doesn't it???? That guy seriously wouldn't know what in the world to do IF he hunt to hunt something wild!!!! [:@]
Old 01-25-2005, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

I see nothing wrong with allowing hunters to thin an overly populated area. The hunters had to be off the course at a certain time and were providing a service in exchange to get to hunt an animal they normally wouldn't. I'm sure after only a few were shot at the things became quite wary. Everyone is so quick to bash things.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:53 AM

It's fine to let him do this but just don't video it and call it a hunting show. Keith Warren was obviously at the right place at the right time to get this job in the first place. He is a novice and it is obvious that he would have a very difficult time hunting or fishing in the real world. I have found that all of the shows including buckmasters have gone away from useful tactics for their audience. I would rather see a very experienced hunter go out and explain stand placements and not shoot anything. It gets kinda old to see them get into a preplaced stand and the next scene is a 150 class buck coming in at 50 yards. Let us know why this stand was placed here in the first place and the reasons it should be a good spot.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:57 AM

There is a definite difference between hunting and managing overpopulation in urban areas-why on God's green earth anybody would think that was hunting is beyond me-but it needs to be done to keep the animals in check and it is certainly better it does into the freezer than goes to waste.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

The reason they don't say much about stand placement is because they are usually hunting over bait of some sort. Up north it's alfalfa bales, down south its grain.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that it might have needed to be done but do not tape it and call it hunting.

Quick Reply: Golf course Goats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.