Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Question on hunting in Illinois >

Question on hunting in Illinois

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question on hunting in Illinois

Old 01-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Question on hunting in Illinois

I need advice from a non-resident hunter from Illinois,

I have permission to hunt a farm in Illinois. I live in Florida. I searched the web and it appears that non-resident hunters must be pulled from a lottery in order to puchase a license and number2 they must obtain some kind of permit to bring a firearm into the state. Please tell I'm wrong and tell me simply how I can obtain a non-resident license.
Thanks a million,
Chuck
Old 01-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Question on hunting in Illinois

WWW.DNR.STATE.IL.US

thats the dnr site and has all the info you need
Old 01-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bowhunt in Illinois every year. For archery you need an out of state hunting license (about 55 bucks) and then a deer tag (About 250 bucks for a buck and a doe). The license can be purchased easily and anytime but the tags are the hanger. For archery they are a lot easier. They can be purchased over the phone but they only issue 15000 and demand is high. They sold out in one day last year. I think they usually go on sale in July.

Illinois also has a short black powder season and a short shotgun slug season. But if you aren't a resident I think you have to sign up and try to get drawn for a black powder or shotgun tag. You can't just buy one. Illinois has no high powered rifle season for deer. I'm not sure if these tags are higher than the archery tags or not.
Old 01-19-2005, 04:16 PM
Dominant Buck

You/ve been a big help. I went to their web-site only to find out" come back in May to get imformation about hunting deer." I contacted a game warden and "he's not sure." I live in Florida and made 10 calls I found on the net that sell Illinois licence.
Here were my answers. Walmart sure we sell the entire package non-resident for 20.00. Yeah right
Tax agency Oh calling from Florida lo lo lo we only sell resident license.
Game Warden uuuh I'm not really sure .
Sports Authority I'm not sure how about 180 . 00
Folks if you want imformation about Florida I can give ya a straight answer.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Typical Buck

I heard Illinois is planning on raising the tag price to around $500. and go back to selling over the counter due to problems that occured with there tag sales last year. I think it is still just a proprosal though? Here is a link I saw on another site that suggests/talks about the price increase.
CLICK-HERE

As far as it being illeagle to transport a firearm into Illinois without a permit... You are correct. But I have never attemted to get a permit, I just go hunting. The also have a law about how much cash you can have on you while traveling through Illinois. If over a certain amount ( $1000 I think?) They can confiscate it, without charging you with a crime. But I heard there is a lawyer fighting that law...maybe it got changed? Illinois does have some screwy laws, if you behave though you should not have a problem
Old 01-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

bukmastr i heard the same thing, also heard the 500 $ deal, but i also heard you will still have to apply for the shotgun/muzzle loader tickets.
Old 01-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

You might be right? That might just be for bow tags.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:08 AM
Dominant Buck

One of the Game Wardens of Illinois wrote me an E-mail yesterday. To my understanding he said" non- resident was around 50.00 , a deer stamp is 200.00 and then you must summit applications to draw the deer tags in order to shoot the deer. And the catch..you need to buy the 200 dollar deer license before you can summit the application for the tag.

Conclusion...I need to get good in the state I live at. In N.W Florida near the Alabama line there are alot of nice racks on some decent size deer.
Chuck
Old 01-20-2005, 03:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Thanks for the link. This hunting forum is awesome. It's great to be able to get all this imformation from other hunters.
Chuck
Old 01-20-2005, 04:20 AM
Typical Buck

Chuck, I'm from Illinois and I can tell you that all of the firearm permits are on a draw basis. I don't know alot about the non-resident requirements but I do know they have put more restrictions on non-residents that in the past. As a resident we have to have a F.O.I.D., Firearm Owners Identification card, to carry any firearm. They are issued by the Illinois state police and cost about $5 and are good for 5 years. If I can help you in any way just let me know. You might post this in the regional forum under midwest. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Question on hunting in Illinois

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.