Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tree Stands

Old 01-17-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Tree Stands

I am in the market for a new tree stand for gun hunting. I do not bow hunt but might possibly get into it sometime. I was just wondering what are some good treestands for the money. I was using a bobcat that you faced the tree in. Great stand but I would like something a little bit more comfortable. Thanks yall.
Old 01-17-2005, 02:15 PM

Default RE: Tree Stands

alot of it depends on your budget, Lone Wolf make some nice hand on stands, a little pricey though
Old 01-17-2005, 04:55 PM

Summit Viper X4

EOT
Old 01-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Dominant Buck

I like all the API line. I use mostly hang on stands and a few with climbing sticks. I tried the climbing stands but don't feel comfortable especially coming down after dark.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:07 PM

it all depends what kind of stand you are looking for, climbing, hangon, ladder, etc. If you want climbing, i would recommend summit, have never tried lone wolf. Hang on stands are all pretty close in design, and i have never used ladder stands. Make sure u get something that u want, and try to keep it light weight and managable

Good luck
Old 01-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

for gun hunting i prefer the buckshot cadillac but it depends on what size you are.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

I like the Gorilla Silverback Magnum hang-on with either EZY single fold screw in steps or a climbing stick.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Comfortable, easy climbing, reasonable price, faces the tree and is light = The Buckshot
Old 01-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SeaHunter
Summit Viper X4
Ditto!! The Summit Viper X4 is the ultimate of ultimate tree stands. Super quiet, rugged, and the most important part - - - COMFORTABLE!! [8D] I have actually fallen asleep more than once in the Viper X4. Did I mention how comfortable it is?

Butch A.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use API climber and I love it. I do want another climber for a back up, and it will be a Summit, I just hear so many goods things about them!!!!!

Quick Reply: Tree Stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.