HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   they know when hunting season is over (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/85986-they-know-when-hunting-season-over.html)

whitetail_fanatic 01-10-2005 09:09 PM

they know when hunting season is over

seasons been over a week here in VA, deer are all over the place, in the last week of the season i only saw three deer, does anyone notice this in the places that they hunt

Firehawk7309 01-11-2005 03:57 AM

RE: they know when hunting season is over

I sure do. They seem to be out in the open, staring at you saying " you couldn't catch me this year". Seen twice as many deer this week then a have in a month.

treehunter 01-11-2005 10:22 AM

our season is still open here but this last week or so, i have seen a lot more deer than normal.....maybe because the rut is just getting into full swing

Allen Denton 01-11-2005 10:39 AM

I truely believe that they know. Not that the season is over but that there is less activity in their woods and they loosen up.

Western MA Hunter 01-11-2005 11:16 AM

They definately do. I spent the majority of my hunting season hunting one particular buck. I never saw him w/ gun in hand. The afternoon after muzzleloader season ended, there he was, walking across a field no more than 300 yards from my stand! At least I know he made it!

ELKINMTCWB 01-11-2005 11:22 AM

This is eazy to figer out why. The deer and elk have been pushed to the land that alows NO hunting so it gets over grassed wile every one hunts. JUst as soon as presher stops they come runing to fill up befor hard winter.

I have been seeing WAY more elk this year than in the past.

ButchA 01-11-2005 11:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Allen Denton
I truely believe that they know. Not that the season is over but that there is less activity in their woods and they loosen up.
Not only that Allen, some deer can get downright rude after the season. I remember seeing a small 5-6 pointer in a field across from a golf course at dusk. He was just standing there watching cars go by as he grazed. But yet when I drove by, he stuck his tongue out at me!!

Butch A.

BowHuntingFool 01-12-2005 10:59 AM

But yet when I drove by, he stuck his tongue out at me!!
Butch, that was funny! :D

kevin1 01-12-2005 11:19 AM

ORIGINAL: ButchA

Not only that Allen, some deer can get downright rude after the season. I remember seeing a small 5-6 pointer in a field across from a golf course at dusk. He was just standing there watching cars go by as he grazed. But yet when I drove by, he stuck his tongue out at me!!

Butch A.
I know that buck !
Damn he sure gets around !

alabama_creek_water 01-17-2005 01:34 PM

They aren't as stupid as they look. There is this huge nine point that would probably go 200 lbs. easily that I see all the time areound my house, but once the season comes in you do not see hide nor hair of it unitl about a week or two after the season goes out. My guess would be that they know. At least the older and more mature deer do.