Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2 does at the same time

Old 01-10-2005, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default 2 does at the same time

my cousin shot 2 does back to back friday afternoon. Last day of doe season, two walked up to about 30yds from our stand and he took a great shot right to the shoulder. Dropped dead on the spot. The other ran about 20 yds then stopped. He shot this one in one side and out the other. It ran away then came right back and dropped dead by the stand. Great weekend for some meat. The first one was about 170lbs and the second one was about 80lbs.
Old 01-10-2005, 10:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 2 does at the same time

What state you from.??? Double dab will do you
Old 01-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Fork Horn

alabama
Old 01-10-2005, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

170 lb ? That would be the bigist doe I have ever seen.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:41 PM

I didn't realize they had does in Alabama that went 170 even before field dressing. Great hunt though no matter the size-good freezer meat.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

this is just an estimate i had before field dressing. I could be wrong but i don't think it is by too much. It took both of us to drag her out of the woods. I guess either one of us could have done it by ourselves but no need since we were both there. Like i said it is just an estimate. She was pretty big
Old 01-10-2005, 04:11 PM

nice shooting on his part. but i highly doubt that the doe went anywhere near 170 lbs, even less so because you're in Alabama. a 150 lb doe around here is huge, and we get some big deer. i shot one doe that went 145, and she was huge, had triplets with her. old one. I think you grossly misestimated the weight.

slayer
Old 01-11-2005, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

170 lb ? That would be the bigist doe I have ever seen
I didn't realize they had does in Alabama that went 170 even before field dressing
i highly doubt that the doe went anywhere near 170 lbs, even less so because you're in Alabama. a 150 lb doe around here is huge, and we get some big deer. i shot one doe that went 145, and she was huge, had triplets with her. old one. I think you grossly misestimated the weight.

ok ok ok!!! I don't really care what size she was. The point i'm trying to make is that he killed two at once, a big one and a small one. Sorry if i offended anybody if I overestimated the weight. Just for arguments sake she was 50lbs and the other one was 20lbs.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:47 AM

Probably mother and daughter. My dad did this once and I've had several instances where I shot a large doe and the smaller one with her just stood there. I'd bet there is a good chance that the smaller doe was a yearling from the larger one. Great shooting to drop both, and the meat from the yearling will be OUTSTANDING!
Old 01-11-2005, 11:19 AM

Oh yeah,it was.I ate some of it last night.Absolutely delicious.
JE

Quick Reply: 2 does at the same time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.