Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

QDM question...

Old 01-06-2005, 10:57 PM
Spike

Default RE: QDM question...

Proline: Where do you live in WV? I am from brooke county in northern panhandle. I am going to be in Morgantown jan 18 for a qdm meeting. Its a tuesday night. I can get you more info if you're interested. If you are close to Motown maybe we could get together and take a look at what you have. I've been member of qdma since 2000 and am the Vice president of our WV branch. 4 years of college in wildlife mgt also.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:57 AM

There are some other things to consider. one how much pressure are you putting on the land during the season? You sad there is a tract of land that is hardly hunted, they could be using this land as a sanctuary if your hunting pressure is to great. Also although 800 acres sounds like alot it still not big enough to hold a mature buck on, they usually roam on roughly 2000 acres. Try culling more does, if the bucks have to look harder for a mate they will will travel more through out day light hous in search of love. QBM is a time intensive project. Go to www.qdma.com for more info on the subject. good luck!
Old 01-07-2005, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

WV...My farm is in Braxton county, in the middle of the state.

We really don't put much pressure on it. We have 2 of us that bowhunt pretty hard and 6 gunhunters for the week. We usually only have 1 or 2 for muzzleloading season and that's about it.

Maybe time is the answer.