Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Boots

Old 08-30-2002, 04:52 PM

Default Boots

Hello, right now I use Rocky boots and they seem to work OK but I heard from a few people now that Irish Setters are a lot better. How are these two boots compared and how are Irish Setters compared with other high end boots?

Old 08-30-2002, 04:59 PM

Default RE: Boots

Sorry i dont know anything about the Setters boots.I do like the rocky's.The seem duriable enough for me.

But welcome to the board Valley Hunter!!

It's not how big the Deer,But the size of the experiance that matters!!
Old 08-30-2002, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Have to agree....love my Rocky's
Old 08-30-2002, 09:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

rockys only OK????? man i got mine off my dad who used them for 2 seasons or more...only turkey hunting..then i got them 3 years ago and wore them everywhere...up the mnts every weekend...hunting everything fishing...hiking...rock climbing and rapelling...i wore them doing about everything in the outdoors...and they were still water proff and never treated with anything once i could crass a creek higher than the boots if i laced them tight enough and only a tiny bit of water go in through the tops...i could stand in water all day below the rim and not get a drop on my feet...they were some great boots till i finally broke em where they are sticked on...the rubber above the stichings broke on one boot and that lets water in pretty good....im gunna try sho goo or sumthin i seen one day at walmart and try to get them back in service...i loved them...i dont think their is a better boot...maybe a better insulated one but mine werent insualted

Old 08-30-2002, 09:38 PM

I must have been the unlucky one. I bought a pair of Rocky boots and my feet got wet in less then a month. The store I bought them from did take them back. I also called customer service to let them know and they pretty much just said gee sorry. Didn't ask a single question.

Old 08-30-2002, 10:45 PM
Spike

I have had a pair of rockys for 5 years and they still don't leak.They are the best boots I have ever had.
Old 08-31-2002, 01:35 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-31-2002, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

I've got a 7 year old pair of rocky sidewinders, 4 year old bear claws, and bought a pair of the longbeard snake proof boots for turkey/bow season. They're all as comfortable as tennis shoes and tough as nails. I've never tried any of the other brands but why fix it if it ain't broke.
Old 09-01-2002, 11:16 PM

Irish setters are good boots but if you want the best get a pair of Danner Trophys. I got a pair they were 260.00 but they will last me for a long time. My dad had had a pair of Danner Canadians that were 230.00 that has lasted him 12 year and still look new. They are spendy but i think they are worth it.

Why work when you can hunt???? Heck why work at all!!
Old 09-02-2002, 11:23 AM

Boots are kinda like knives and guns- everyone seems to have a favorite. I have had some Rockys that I liked and some that I didn't. I also just got a pair of LaCrosse and they will probably be OK when they get broken in. I have had two pair of Brownings and for me it is the most comfortable boot I have ever had on.

Quick Reply: Boots

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.