Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

crossbow

Old 12-29-2004, 09:26 PM
Spike

Default crossbow

i have a horton blackhawk and for some reason i keep jerking the trigger instead if squeezing it.. it feels really tight to me compared to most guns ive shot i know its not a gun but is there anyway to lighten the trigger pull or do i just have to deal with what i have?
Old 12-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: crossbow

I have a Horton Legend SL and I would imagine you just have to deal with it. You clod email Horton's customer service and they should be able to help you or connect you to a tech. I had a cracked limb last year at the end of the season I noticed it. My crossbow was out of warranty by a few months but the tech told me to take the head off and ship it to him exactly how I have it set up. ( I had 2 sets of limb savers on it to quiet it down some by the way they worked great.) Horton sent me a whole new head with 2 new sets of limb savers no questions asked. Just cost me the price of shipping it to them, so give them a shout and I'm sure they will help all they can.
Old 12-30-2004, 04:54 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bouncer6475

i have a horton blackhawk and for some reason i keep jerking the trigger instead if squeezing it.. it feels really tight to me compared to most guns ive shot i know its not a gun but is there anyway to lighten the trigger pull or do i just have to deal with what i have?
Understanding this is half the battle .
Most crossbows use basically the same type of trigger mechanism that they have since medieval times , there is no way to lighten it in most cases . A hair trigger is probably a bad idea for a crossbow anyway , just teach yourself to squeeze slower .
Old 12-30-2004, 05:37 AM

I have a Barnett and the trigger is almost like my rifle pull.like teamster said call or e-mail horton and they will help.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

One thing to try is to lube the trigger parts . If they are dry it may take more of a pull to fire the crossbow.
Old 12-30-2004, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

all crossbow trigger pulls are the same. Just squeeze it...
Old 01-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: deerslayer223

all crossbow trigger pulls are the same. Just squeeze it...
Not quite,shoot any Excalibur and you won't want to shoot any other crossbow...