HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Wheres the next "World Record" ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/84249-wheres-next-world-record.html)

-DeerSlayer- 12-28-2004 03:58 PM

Wheres the next "World Record" ?

what do you think? i dont know for sure, probably somewhere in the midwest...again, i dont know if texas has the protiens and genetics like we have here in the midwest, canada also a conteder. what do you think?

kshunter 12-28-2004 04:04 PM

RE: Wheres the next "World Record" ?

I seen him last week:D Naa he wasn't quite that big. My guess is somewhere in the Midwest, or Canada.

Kansas I bet will be the place though. Kansas has produced 6 of the Top 10 non-typical whitetails found in the Pope & Young Club record book. Not bad figuring deer-hunting didn't become a big sport here until the past 15-20 years. Probably 75% of the deer currently entered in the Kansas record books, have came in the past 10 years, and probably 90-95% of them post-1985.

xeniabuck 12-28-2004 05:36 PM

The next one will be killed in IL or in Iowa. There is lots of food for the deer, and you can only use shotguns during firearm season. I am only saying that because it seems like states with rifle usage do not produce as big as deer, in the record category. Yes, I know Missori has had some big deer, but Illinios and Iowa have had alot more.

Angus74 12-28-2004 07:36 PM

Id have to say somewhere in the midwest, Missouri, Illinios, Iowa, or Kansas. xeniabuck is right about it probably mot being Missouri, Rifle states seem to kill them out before they reach onough age to become big enough. I really xpected the record to be broken this year in the midwest, but if all four states have had the luck everyone around my area have had its no wonder it wasnt broken.lol

Shootem up870 12-28-2004 09:09 PM

probably illinois. there is a possible record killed during gun season this year. still waiting to see a pic of it.

JONES 1969 12-29-2004 12:19 AM

I agree the midwest.

cardeer 12-29-2004 12:41 AM

In a game pen sold on e-bay

jpm8920 12-29-2004 06:07 AM

I gotta go with Canada. With such little hunting pressure, there is sure to be a couple freaks up there. I think from Manitoba.

treehunter 12-29-2004 06:34 AM

I know somebody who says he has trailcam pics of a 14 pt here in north alabama. I have never seen these pics and i don't know if it would be a record (maybe for this area). I do have my doubts if it even exists. kinda hard to believe. but who knows

Montana Bob 12-29-2004 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: cardeer

In a game pen sold on e-bay
Yes I do believe it could be from anywhere. The new world record has been found on an Amish farm I believe in Ohio. The guy has been breeding deer for years and it was on some show I happened to see.This Deer had 40 or 50 points and was the biggest thing I have ever seen. I think the next record will come from a pen raised animal that some Dot Com millionaire bought to shoot.With the way the world is he could make up any story and say he shot it anywhere[:@]