Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

4Wheelers taking over!!!!!

Old 12-26-2004, 06:13 AM

Default RE: 4Wheelers taking over!!!!!

ORIGINAL: JONES 1969

Where i live people on 4 wheelers are ruining the hunting for everybody they are cutting farmers fences to be able to get on their land causing them not to allow any one else to hunt cant blame the farmers wondering this happen in anybody elses area ?
Problem is not just in WV.
Big problem Here in up state NY also.
4 wheelers are not alone any ATV you pick were having the same problem with.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have some problems here with 4 wheelers, but I think the real issue is some owners lack consideration for others, be it in riding around in off limit areas or hunting areas during season. I wish the police would crack down on these stupid individuals, I bet a nice fine would make them think about trespassing.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:21 PM

Without my ATV I couldn't hunt. Health, age and busted body parts. It is a great tool. There will always be those out there who have no respect for others and I haven't come with the answer to those yet. Best regards, Jim
Old 12-26-2004, 03:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have to agree with the intelligent responses from Jag, Onebullet and Firehawk. We've been thru it too many times here about the sabotage thing and "toughguy" tactics (most performed anonomously). If you desire to "spike" some puddles to flatten tires (and I have done this) it's gotta be one YOUR property and hope nobody gets a personal injury, cause you'll most likely be in some trouble.

Four wheelers are great tools. If ya caught a trespasser, would you insist on cutting his legs off?

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 12-26-2004, 03:30 PM

ORIGINAL: grizzmck

Without my ATV I couldn't hunt. Health, age and busted body parts. It is a great tool. There will always be those out there who have no respect for others and I haven't come with the answer to those yet. Best regards, Jim
1. used properly for this reason i have no problem-- my back is also totaled - car wrecks, construction company accident and cant lift over 20 lbs or walk very far
now i gotta rely on buds to help me get my deer, and i aint gettin any younger or better at age 44

but at 18 i said i was never gonna grow old and cripped either. how did that happen??-- and now gotta pych myself just to make it to the stand 1/3 of a mile away--but there will come the day i have to switch to a 4wheeler, or catch a ride if i am to continue hunting,

I guess if everyone realized the future of the 4 wheeler lays in those who abuse the privilage NOW
may later in life finding that they wished they would have obeyed the rules rather than saying " aw f_ _k em i dont care i am gonna do as i damn well please and if they dont like it tough sh_ _" and ruin it for guys like grizz and myself

2. CUTTING FENCES-REMOVING HINGE PINS ON GATES then running all over the guys property COME ON
ATV people you know thats wrong- what if it was your land and your hardwork-you know you would be pissed!!!

3. they hunted for years without em--AND THATS THE WAY I WILL VOTE if this continues -even if i have to give up my hunting!!!!!! thats how strongly i feel about respect or lack of
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my previous post called for them to be gone ,banned,- my WAKE_UP call to the quad squads out there

an old saying goes ya dont know what ya had -till its gone-----

think about it and adjust your thinking

or put stock in your local tire shop, and medical insurance --your choice
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

firehawks got one idea- fine the HELL outta em,
+ take the quad, just like if they had poached take it all--- word will spread fast

someone ought to send this thread to the quad and ATV magazines so they can get it figured out
there IS a problem !!!
Old 12-26-2004, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

got them here in il. as well. i hunt family farm and saw atv's almost everyday this year. granpa's not able to go out and catch them and i'm not there enough. although i did catch 1 kid and i could see the oh s%#t look in his eyes. never saw him again. no respect man.
Old 12-26-2004, 06:29 PM
Spike

I only wish I'd had an ATV problem this season. Seems the favored means of deer hunting around here anymore is surrounding and chasing with pickup trucks. Saw one group of about 6 trucks be pretty efficient. 5 trucks at each get away point and one truck driving up the creek in the middle popping off rounds with a .22 pistol. Watched 'em kill 3 bucks and 1 doe from my deer stand 3/4's of a mile away. I watch Buck Masters once in a while but this lethal strategy hasn't made their show yet.

Whatever happened to quiet hours in tree stands or hunting by foot traffic only?
Old 12-26-2004, 07:01 PM

I am new here so here goes. An atv is a tool just like any other. If used properly and legally you get great pleasure and a since of satisfaction. Before I bought my Yamaha Grizzly I saw many irresponsible hunters with pickups.

Where I live there are many legal roads on public land not well suited for anything else but an atv. This gets me away and farther back from the main crowd. I respect private property and never ask anyway because the answer is usually no. Now I can hunt several miles back, dismounted, and enjoy the experience hunting was meant to be. If I had a horse it would be even better, but I am not a horse person.

Mandatory hunter education is the key, especially remedial training. Many people will not take the time to be a responsible hunter and quit. That's my .02 cents worth. MD out!

Old 12-26-2004, 07:14 PM

montana=i dont think people like you are the problem ya got respect-

besides some uneducated would shoot the horse out from under ya

reminds me of the joke a man puts wife in the stand for the first time and walks away about 200yds
he hears BOOM----so he runs back to see his wife holding a gun on a man and shes yelling "its my deer"- its my deer"
and the guy is yelling back "ok ok its your deer just let me get my saddle off it"
Old 12-26-2004, 08:59 PM

Ya okay lets form a group and try to ban ATV's.
Atv's are loud,they tresspass,they scare the deer,
AND thier killing the nesting habitat for the blue-winged butterfly.

I got a camara stolen off of privite property by a hunter
100's of hunters tresspass in a matter of a month in every state.
people are accidently shot by hunters everyyear,
And what was that hunters name who went off ,,,,,,, CHI VANG.
Maybe we should ban hunting or is that different?
Oh yeah,we can call ourselves THE ANTI"S

Quick Reply: 4Wheelers taking over!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.