Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 what is a good book on deer hunting? >

what is a good book on deer hunting?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what is a good book on deer hunting?

Old 12-22-2004, 05:49 PM

Default what is a good book on deer hunting?

I LIVE IN SOUTHERN ONT. I RIFLE HUNT AND BOW HUNT. WHAT BOOK CAN YOU SUGGEST THAT HAS LOTS OF INFO.ON DEER.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what is a good book on deer hunting?

one of the best i've read is "finding wounded deer "by Trout. a must read for Everyone, not just newbies. priceless info.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:13 PM

Go to www.eastmans.com. They are geared mostly for mule deer. If you're after whitetail, I don't have a good one.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Moose beat me to it. Finding wounded deer by John Trout is a excellent book. Every deer hunter should have this book. It has so much valuable info!
Old 12-22-2004, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

There are a number of magazines that may help you. Petersen's Hunting includes articles on whitetail, as well as many other species. Whitetail magazine is another good one.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:22 PM

I'm writin' one. I'll let ya know when I'm done. "Hunting Mid-Western 'Tails"
Old 12-22-2004, 11:34 PM
Fork Horn

I Just finished For Big Bucks Only & Just starting Secrets of the Whitetail Pros & when I'm done with that.. It's on to Whitetail Wisdom. For Big Buck Only has some very good info for a beginning hunter as well as those with a few seasons under their belts.
Good Luck, Phil B.

Old 12-23-2004, 07:49 AM

Hey sniperP1, since you seem to be pretty busy, I'd be more than happy to come hunt some of your empty stands. Always here to help a fellow hunter in need.
ORIGINAL: SniperP1

I Just finished For Big Bucks Only & Just starting Secrets of the Whitetail Pros & when I'm done with that.. It's on to Whitetail Wisdom. For Big Buck Only has some very good info for a beginning hunter as well as those with a few seasons under their belts.
Good Luck, Phil B.

Old 12-23-2004, 11:21 PM

Great suggestions, thanks! I will definately look up those books!
Old 12-24-2004, 01:29 AM
Fork Horn

SKIDMARK, I'm NEVER that into a book! lol I just bought some Military Thermalwear (THERMO-GEAR) tonight, It's just a little cold here & I'm planning on spending the next few days on stand after a book buck I've been watching & patterning. He comes out every evening from a thick hedge row & grazes on some grass/clover then moves south to feed on corn till after dark sometime. All I need is a wind out of the Northwest & I'm good to go, I'm going to make my way from the South across the creek & up the fence row north to my stand right in the corner where the fences meat. The hedge is on the backside of the clover & a hill, my stand & corn field are in a low spot, the deer can feed there without being seen to well & they feel safe there. Mr. big usually passes within 15-20yrds of the corner & walks the fence down to the waterway to feed & should give me a great broadside or quartering away shot!

Later, Phil B.

Quick Reply: what is a good book on deer hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.