Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

My Iowa 9 pointer,pics

Old 12-18-2004, 10:29 AM

Default My Iowa 9 pointer,pics

I finally got the pictures developed from my 9 point that i took in iowa a coupla weeks ago. he's not the best deer i've ever shot, but he was running at a good clip and i had probably 5 minutes before that to check the rack out as he was staning up on the hill. i decided he was good enough to take and got ready as all the deer came flying out of the drive. i got my gun up and took the safety off as deer ran past me on either side, someonly a few feet away. he came out, i waited for him to clear the truck that was parked about 300 yards down the valley, and shot him at app. 30 yards. i saw him slow, drop his hindquarters, stagger, and run into a little cornfield. i could see blood all over the stalks where he had run, so i knew i had hit him good. he went maybe 20 yards, and left a blood trail that Ray Charles him self coulda followed. blood was sprayed up and down the stalks on 3 feet on each side of where he ran. he has a 16" inside spread, a broken tip on the right G-3, and the backs of both brow tines are chipped off. his antler bases were smooth from rubbing trees. almost flat. his jaw was broken right after the last front bottom tooth. broken clean in half. he had several marks of fighting on his face and the jaw was broken from an antler. the wound was infected. he probably wouldnt have made it through the winter because of the fact he couldnt chew very well. like i said earlier, he aint my best buck, but he's a good one and im proud of him.

Old 12-18-2004, 10:33 AM

Default RE: My Iowa 9 pointer

nice buck!
Old 12-18-2004, 10:34 AM

heres another look. i hit kind of far back,but the slug did a bunch of damage, hitting some arteries and just clipping the top of the stomach. we're washing him out and cooling him off in the creek. its pretty cool, because i got my biggest buck probably 40 yards from the spot i killed him. also, in the backround of the first pictureis the monster doe i got that came out wounded. she was probably one of the biggest does i've ever shot. ill try and put up a good picture of his jaw to show. its pretty weird, never seen anything like it.

Old 12-18-2004, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck!!
Old 12-18-2004, 10:49 AM

and heres his broken jaw. to the right of my thumb is his back half of the jaw. directly below my thumb is the wound and infection. i wish i had a better picture to illustrate this. anyways, the jaw broke cleanly down through. next to his eye you can see one of the antler marks that was on his face.

slayer

Old 12-18-2004, 10:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I dont see nothing
Old 12-18-2004, 10:58 AM

look to the right. the pics are messed up and you have to scroll to the right to see them

slayer
Old 12-18-2004, 11:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck!! I had to go way right to see. CD just keep scrolling and they will show up
Old 12-18-2004, 02:31 PM

Congrats young man!
Old 12-18-2004, 11:24 PM

Default RE: My Iowa 9 pointer,pics

Nice Deer, interesting post!

Quick Reply: My Iowa 9 pointer,pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.