Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Poacher? Murderers?

Old 12-17-2004, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Poacher? Murderers?

Well I had a first today. Went to one of my stands for a late season hunt this morning, every thing seemed perfect. Hooked my bow on the string and started to climb, boom I hear a muffeled shot and a bullet hit about 20 feet beside me, mind you riffel season is over and i am on private ground. I yell ( HEY ) blankety blank and start to climbe another rung and boom a bullet about 20 feet away again. Damn now i am scared I have to admit, so i grab my bow ( can,t leave that behind ) and start running across the open pasture over to where my buddy is hunting and fill him in on the news. What is wierd about this is the gun blast was very muffeled my buddy hunts about 500 yds away and never heard anything. i don,t know if someone was trying to poach a deer with a silencer or something or trying to kill the ole Motownhonkey. I have hunted this patch for 12 years and never had 1 single problem. Once the sun came up we looked all over the area for any sign of anything or anyone but nothing. I,m pretty sure someone was trying to poach a deer.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Poacher? Murderers?

that's scarey.....how you were mistaken for a deer seems like a long shot and you know there wasn't a deer 20 feet from you if you just got to your tree
Old 12-17-2004, 10:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

WEIRD
Old 12-17-2004, 11:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hmmmmmmm...............

Muffled shot? Pretty hard to muffle a real rifle.

Your buddy 500 yards away not hearing anything?

This all seems highly suspect to this investigator.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 12-17-2004, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

does seem kinda strange
Old 12-17-2004, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'd be careful out there....dont want anything happening to you or your buddy.......
Old 12-17-2004, 03:10 PM

WOW! That is crazy! Well, I can tell you that it could have easly been a supressed rifle. I own ( 100% Leagly ) a supressed cal .308. I shoot it with "low sonic" amo. You can almost clear your throat loauder than this thing when you fire it. I would NEVER hunt with it. I am a collector as well as a hunter. So believe me, it could have been a poucher hunting with something like it. Im glad no one got hurt, you should report it A.S.A.P in case, god forbid, some one does get hurt in the future.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:54 PM

Meteorites?
Old 12-17-2004, 09:26 PM

That is scary. Growing up we had great duck hunting on our property. Only thing is sometimes people would drive the road that skirts the property and shoot and ducks on some of our wetlands to try to get them to fly. One day had a couple of bullets whiz right over my head. Never could get to the guys in time. It sure is scary though.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:43 PM
Typical Buck

I would definately report it to someone, maybe some crazy ******* got an idea in his head after what that Hmong did in Wisconsin. Even if that isn't the case, poachers should be turned in too.

Quick Reply: Poacher? Murderers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.