Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What are processing prices in your area? >

What are processing prices in your area?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What are processing prices in your area?

Old 12-16-2004, 01:24 PM

Default What are processing prices in your area?

Here it is getting up to $50-$60 per deer. This is just steak, loins, and burger not wrapped.

This wouldnt be too bad for 1 deer but when you have a family that hunts and each get several deer in PA and WVa it adds up really quick. Im going to turn my 1 shed into a personal butcer shop next year to avoid the outrageous prices.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:33 PM

Default RE: What are processing prices in your area?

I've heard of double that in the Twin Cities area. Do it yourself, it's a lot cheaper.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:36 PM
Typical Buck

It's $45 - $55 with my guy! I usually let him do 1 or 2 then the others I do myself. I just cot steaks and chop meat I let him do the fancy cuts!
Old 12-16-2004, 01:39 PM

50 to 60 ha ha try 300$ fees for processing and getting back 35lbs of meat thats what my ex-wifes squeeze paid for his--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i normally process with my family at my brothers house but decided to try it at home this year- my family bought an electric meat grinder years ago and we have used the hell outta it. this is one of the investments i think you should make, we also tried a meat slicer this year. it wasnt that expensive but really made some nice looking steaks, keep good knives handy and a sharpener youll need em.. you CAN do it , its also fun to get together after the hunt
-----------------------------
kill - cut - cook - chew
Old 12-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

I went to a local butcher after my cousin killed a doe a couple weeks ago. He wanted $90 to process an 84.5 lb. deer, including italian sausages and bologna. Seems a bit ridiculous to me. Most people around here charge $50-$75 per.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:54 PM

ITS 60 BUCKS AROUND HERE, BUT I DO MY OWN. THIS YEAR HAD BOTH OF THE YOUNG ONES HELPING AND THEY HAD A BLAST, SO DID I. GOOD QUALITY TIME WITH THE KIDS
Old 12-16-2004, 02:23 PM

i got my deer cut up 2 weeks agoo thats steaks chops and burgers cut and wrapped for $20
Old 12-16-2004, 02:26 PM

i paid $80 for a good sized doe. we recenlty lost our processing equipment in a fire. sucks, i enjoy the butchering as much as every other part of the hunt.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where I live $ 80 is about the cheapest for good work.
Where I also hunt in SE Ohio $40-50 is the going rate
This year I did 2 and had 1 done for $80
Old 12-16-2004, 03:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

i think its 65-80 bucks here for a basic cut...we got one turned into summer sausage..breakfast sausage and some other smoked meats..it was a HUGE doe...probably migrated from saskatchewan or something...but it was a 300dollar bill....granted it was all smoked meat and VERY good.....that was a high bill...

Quick Reply: What are processing prices in your area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.