Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Anti-Hunting Group Announces Litigation Division >

Anti-Hunting Group Announces Litigation Division

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anti-Hunting Group Announces Litigation Division

Old 12-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Default Anti-Hunting Group Announces Litigation Division

These people are really going to be trying to abolish all of hunting, one little step at a time. Keep your eyes on this group:

(Columbus) – The nation’s largest anti-hunting group has launched a new legal department to challenge sportsmen in the courts.

An Animal Protection Litigation section was created in the wake of the recent merger of the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and the Fund for Animals. Attorney Jonathan Lovvorn was selected to head the department. The organization intends to add four litigating attorneys by the end of the year.

“The animal rights movement sees the courts as the easiest way to realize its anti-hunting agenda,” said U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance Senior Vice President Rick Story. “Anti-hunters are in court right now to halt black bear hunting and kick sportsmen off of public lands. The move to implement an HSUS Animal Protection Litigation function so quickly and the commitment to the program’s expansion prove that it is a priority for the newly formed mega-anti-hunting rights group.”

Lovvorn has been a partner with Meyer & Glitzenstein, the Washington, D.C. law firm used by the Fund for Animals in legal battles against sportsmen. He will assume his duties as vice president on January 1, 2005.

The merger of the two anti-hunting groups was announced on November 22, 2004. It will formally occur on January 1, 2005. The new group will have as much as $98 million in annual support to derail hunting and traditional wildlife management in the United States.

After the merger, the new organization will continue to be known as the Humane Society of the United States. It has stated that the abolition of hunting and trapping will be priority issues. Bowhunting is the first form of hunting that the group has vowed to eradicate.

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance has begun working with bowhunting organizations, businesses and publications to organize bowhunters nationwide to prepare a defense.

The U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance protects the rights of hunters, anglers and trappers in the courts, legislatures, at the ballot, in Congress and through public education programs. For more information about the U.S. Sportsmen’s Alliance and its work, call (614) 888-4868 or visit its website, www.ussportsmen.org.

http://www.wlfa.org/interactive/feat...ad.cfm?ID=1443
Old 12-12-2004, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anti-Hunting Group Announces Litigation Division

they wont get far trust me.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I'm glad I live in Texas. It way different down here, we never here from anti's. They wouldnt get far here, Texas it's a whole different world.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: bwhunter501

they wont get far trust me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
were here -we shoot deer
get used to it

we shoot our guns
and call it fun-
get used to it

i dont shoot people
over deerstands or thru peepholes
get used to it

its better i shoot that buck-
than you smack it with yer truck
you could get used to it-

my guns my choice,my grandfathers blood was shed for that right
as will mine be here or abroad to keep it also

onebullet
Old 12-13-2004, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

all those monies should be focused towards the animals....even PETA doesnt contribute but what 2%[:@]......at least the monies generated by hunters and hunting go towards the critters......
Old 12-13-2004, 06:46 AM

It kind of makes me laugh because it's funny in a way. The Humane Society huh ??? Would that be the same Humane Society that I have visited in the past looking for pets ??? If so, they need to put that money to better use by concentrating on building better facilities for the animals they take in because the living conditions of those animals are horrorific. Also, isn't that the same orginization that "humanely" uthanizes animals after they are there for a certain amount of time because they claim they have lack of funds to support keeping all of the animals alive. The same orginization that uthanizes pitbulls because they are considered a "dangerous" animal??? i think so
Old 12-13-2004, 09:28 AM

Tis is not the same humane society that takes care of unwanted dogs and cats...that is how they get so many people to write them checks and vote for there side on things...they think it is going to help the poor sad puppies...We as sportsman need to start thinking about our future and how we can save it...