Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Thankgiving weekend (sons deer pics) >

Thankgiving weekend (sons deer pics)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Thankgiving weekend (sons deer pics)

Old 12-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Thankgiving weekend (sons deer pics)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Went to a youth hunt this past Thankgiving down in south texas. Went to the Chapparal wildlife management area. It's 15,000 acre ranch owned by the state of texas and offer drawing hunts. We went as a standby and got chosen. On this hunt the kids are alowed a spike a doe and javeline and all the hogs you want. We managed to get a spike a doe and a javeline, didnt see any hogs. My 16 yr old was shooting my .243 and made perfect shots on all three at around 120 yds. The kid can shoot. He's 6 for 6 since he's been hunting. Hasn't missed or lost one. We had a blast. Notice the neck on the doe, thats where the biologists there cut it open to remove the brain stem to test for Chronic wasting disease.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 12-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Thankgiving weekend (sons deer pics)

Congrates,thats a truck full
Old 12-12-2004, 01:36 PM

Zrex, are you in Texas? I am in San Diego but my wife is from east Texas, a little town called Pittsburg. We are moving back there in a year or so and I can't wait to do some hog hunting with that 30-30 that stomps your little .243! MUAHHAHAHA!!! 8&gt

Metro
Old 12-12-2004, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

give your boy a pat on the back from me, looks like it was a great w/e, although you can keep them stinkin javalina's puuuu-eeehhhh. i hunted outside laraedo once and an old mexican woman told me how to cook my "prize" i wonder if she's still laughin
Old 12-12-2004, 02:03 PM

Grats guys!
Old 12-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:52 PM

congrats on you and your sons fine weekend!
Old 12-12-2004, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Metro, ya I' live in san Antone. when you get back down here you better invite me for a hunt so I can show you how its done. He He ! I'll even let you get 300yds closer to the game than me. Buwahahaha ! Just kiddin wit ya man.

M.T.hands , are they really that bad ? I havent eaten one in a super long time, I'll let you know when I do cook some of it though.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:10 PM

Man I can't wait to get there, for that country you're in I'll have my .308 if you'll allow it, if not it will give me an excuse to buy another rifle. My wife will love that!!! Like I said I am chompin at the bit to kill some Texas meat, I ate some venison last Christmas while visiting family but we're not gonna make it there this year. Do you do any bass fishin?? All my wifes brothers are tournament competitors in east Texas. I hit some good lakes every time we visit.

Metro
Old 12-13-2004, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did a lot of Bass fishing growing up, not much into bass anymore. I do like to fish though. I live right across the street from Calaveras lake, it's a power plant lake that has Red fish stocked into it. I have caught some big ones, a little over 20 lbs it also has hybrid stripers and cats and bass etc.
I use to have a center console boat, but I sold it about 2 years ago. I was fishing 3 times a week for a couple of years and got burned out on fishing. but it's coming back. But hunting season is here and thats pretty much all i do right now. that and race my bikes. Got two kawasaki 1200's one ninja and a standard. I do a lot of drag racing at a pro-level.

Quick Reply: Thankgiving weekend (sons deer pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.