Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Velocity verses Energy. (the debate) >

Velocity verses Energy. (the debate)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Velocity verses Energy. (the debate)

Old 12-11-2004, 10:39 PM

Default RE: Velocity verses Energy. (the debate)

Wow, I just crunched the numbers for my .30-.30 and it looks like it beats out the .243 at 200 yards too! Maybe you oughta hand that .243 down to your daughter.

Metro
Old 12-12-2004, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: metro

Wow, I just crunched the numbers for my .30-.30 and it looks like it beats out the .243 at 200 yards too! Maybe you oughta hand that .243 down to your daughter.

Metro
Buwahahahahahahaha ! theres a sucka born everyday. If that alone doesnt tell you TKO # are a load of crap then nothing will enlighten you.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: metro

Metro
Using federal 100 gr sierras' BT

The.243's velocity at 400yds is the same as the .30-30's at the muzzle . The .243 energy at 500yds is the same as the 30-30's at 200 yds.
ya I'd say your TKO#'s are bunk.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:27 AM

Double the weight of a bullet and it's energy doubles, double its velocity and its energy quadruples.
I am confused are you debating the importance of velocity vs. weight or velocity vs. energy?
Old 12-12-2004, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Colin3

Double the weight of a bullet and it's energy doubles, double its velocity and its energy quadruples.
I am confused are you debating the importance of velocity vs. weight or velocity vs. energy?
Neither really. just showing that velocity is more of the deciding factor in energy, not bullet weight. But like I said before energy isnt what kills.
I believe that velocity has more to do with killing than energy does. Thats what this debate was about. I wanted people to try and prove to me that energy is what kills. There's a lot of people that buy into the energy myth. Which is bunk.
Theres no such thing as knock down power. The law of physics prove it. With an action theres and opposite and equal reaction. So to knock something down with power it would require the shootoer to be knocked backwards with equall force. Issac Newton proved this long ago.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:03 AM

Like I said, the TKO rating comes from big game hunters that take down dangerous game, not me. I'm sure the .243 does just fine on a deer when placed right but when the chips are down and a dangerous animal is within a hundred yards and could possibly charge I'd rather have the bigger heavier round. I did'nt mean to take this topic off to big, dangerous African game it just came up when reading about the TKO and I thought the formula was interesting.

Metro
Old 12-12-2004, 11:30 AM

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

now it's effort and skill huh?
Well my little grasshopper, I took two doe this year, from the ground with a bow (no blind) No high fences.
--------------------------------------------------------
how much velocity that bow got??[8D]
Old 12-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: onebullet

how much velocity that bow got??[8D]
more than it does in energy, 50 lbs energy and 270 fps velocity. do you think the energy pushed it way through ? or do you think its velocity punched its way through ? Velocity baby! velocity. And the wound channel killed it not the energy. ha ha.
Old 12-12-2004, 11:44 AM

thats it zrex-you seem to have all the answers but wont listen to anyone else-it seems you have much to say about nothing-later i think i i will just block you from now on- because there is no debating you- are you bi-polar or something? you have talked in circles enough for me ---computer---block stop zrex--smell ya later
Old 12-12-2004, 11:46 AM

BROWNING.308- wow you make it sound that your 308 is the best gun out their. heck it isn't even the best non magnium 30 caliber rifle. but if you think it is so great that is good for you.

however i never said that the 243 is the best either.

Quick Reply: Velocity verses Energy. (the debate)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.