Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

wives hunting with husband

Old 12-04-2004, 05:35 AM

Default RE: wives hunting with husband

my wife hunts with me all the time,sometimes without me.she get all these goodies for me and her for Chriatmas.if I want something I just say "We" need this or that,"and the next thing it is on the list.

we enjoy being in the woods together,she can sit longer than I can.if she see's something ,then all the better,if not then she says ,"it was a great day".

enjoy them while you can..the only thing is I have to do a Looooooot of cleaning for her.
Old 12-04-2004, 06:16 AM
Fork Horn

well i`m lucky enough to have a wife hunting partner, she loves to bowhunt, but hasn`t gotton into gun hunting. she already has 2 on the wall with her bow.
you can`t ask for anything better than that,someone that supprts, understands, and enjoys the same things you do.
jamie
Old 12-04-2004, 06:50 PM

Wives that hunt...there's an idea!
Old 12-04-2004, 08:25 PM

ORIGINAL: Lady Bow Hunter

There are days when I take my husband hunting with me. Actually I spend more time in the woods than he does. About 50% of my time hunting is spent by myself. I hope your wife loves the present and puts it to good use.
I too take my husband with me sometimes. It started out with me going with him. But now I have become the main hunter in the family since I have more time than he does to scout. I spend alot more time in the woods too. I would say that 90% of my hunting I do alone. And yes it does make it easier on the guys come christmas time and not to mention the other gift giving holidays. I remember one year I got turkey decoys and a new box call for valentines day and that was the most romantic thing he could have given me, because that showed me that he enjoyed spending time with me hunting. I think our sharing this sport has made our marriage stronger because we have something very important to both of us that we share interest in. And it makes the gift giving easier on the wife if she knows what he is taking about when he mentions a specific gun. I hope all the husbands out there will give there wives the chance to share in this wonderful expeirience. Happy hunting to all.

Old 12-05-2004, 09:32 AM

My husband is not really a hunter. He goes out during the gun season but it seems reluctantly. He's a city boy who never spent time in the woods so he just doesn't understand. He doesn't understand that you need different sets of clothing, boots, etc. for different seasons. He doesn't understand that bows need tuned, broadheads need replaced, clothing and body need de-scented. He thinks he can just throw an orange coat and hat on and go into the woods with no scouting. Then he wonders why he doesn't see deer.
We have a weird reversal in roles...
Old 12-05-2004, 12:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I,ll tell you what, that Annieoakley is my kind of woman. Getting decoys and a box call for V day and loving it. Do you have daughters or sisters? LOL