Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what is the best deer cam

Old 12-02-2004, 06:22 PM

Default what is the best deer cam

what is the best deer cam for the money (i dont want to see the butts of the deer i want to see the whole thing)
Old 12-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what is the best deer cam

Are you wanting a 35 mm or a digital?
Old 12-02-2004, 07:33 PM

whats the difference
Old 12-02-2004, 07:49 PM

35mm is film.
digital is where there a card or you take camera and hook it up to computer and load the pics,
then take card put it back in camera or take camera dack to woods.
i myself like film.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:11 PM

Ive had a 35mm cam for several years now and love it, it is a Trailtimer Photohunter, and cost about 200 bucks, Ive also used the Stealthcam, and didt like it at all, nothing but problems, and went through 4 of them before giving up,, but they are the cheapest there is. I also own a Moultrie game cam and it has worked well so far, but it uses batteries way to fast. Ive ordered a Cuddeback digital cam because from everything ive read it is the best digital out there for the money, I havent got to use it yet, but hope it works as well as others have told me it will. Be careful cause it is addictive,, when i get a roll of film out of one of my cameras i cant get it developed fast enough,, its like opening a new Christmas present with every roll.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:14 PM

I'm getting myself this one for Christmas. It even has a optional solar panel for charging batteries.
digital trail cam

I'm done with my 35mm film trail cam. Every two weeks it's $5 for film $5 for processing $5 for more batteries.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:42 PM

SeaHunter,

DON'T BUY THE DIGITAL STEALTH CAM! I owned the DIGRC-XTR which is one step up from what you are looking at and it was JUNK, simple as that! It was very slow to take a picture (deer would walk entirely out of the picture before it actually snapped it off), and it eats batteries alive. You will be replacing the batteries every 4 to 5 days and this is with very few pictures being taken.

I will say that I have had amazing luck with the 35mm Stealth Cams and I have never had a single problem! 2 years and they never let me down!

I currently also own the DeerCam Non-Typical DC-200 and I havn't been to happy. It takes awsome photos, has one of the best sensors out there, and the control board has amazing battery life, the only problem I am having is that after 1 roll of film, I have to replace the batteries in the camera! The camera is supposed to be able to take 10 rolls of pics before the batteries need changed but like I said, I am only getting one roll through. I will be callin them tommorow to figure out what is goin on!
Old 12-03-2004, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the Cuddeback Digital and really like it, If you take many pictures at all it will pay for it self in no time. There is no waiting, no film to buy and no developing cost, plus you can get alot more and better pictures with a digital than a 35 mm cause you don't have to worry about saving film.