Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Would you still go ?

Old 11-29-2004, 10:01 AM

Default Would you still go ?

to make a long story short , the rear sight "fell" off my POS CVA ML this morning. I'm pretty sure that I can still hit the vitals w/out it. So my question is : do you think the shot will be way off w/out the rear sight ? Dont have time to go to the range in between and I found a promising spot for the afternoon. Would you still go out ?
Old 11-29-2004, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Would you still go ?

NO NO & DID I SAY NOOOOO!
Old 11-29-2004, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

cmon man, you gotta have time to fire atleast one shot right?? Shoot it and see where your at, then go!
Old 11-29-2004, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

of course go,
but find somewhere to fire that gun at least once at a distance that would be likely for the area your hunting--even if you have to fire it at your hunting area--things will settle back down after you shoot and it will be fine--and remember how far and in what direction you were off and then have the discipline not to take a shot that you can't make.
hb
Old 11-29-2004, 04:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would not,everything has to be perfect for me or I cant enjoy myself.I would worry myself to death about that while waiting for a deer
Old 11-29-2004, 08:09 PM

no. get the set fixed. too much of a risk of making a bad shot on a deer.s

slayer
Old 11-30-2004, 06:26 AM

didnt go ....got some metal sights & ordered a lymans great plains ML ....no more cva crap for me !
Old 12-01-2004, 09:30 AM

Well ...took a ride to my dads near Millville and picked up his ML since the sight on mine broke. Glad I did ...went in around 3:30 yesterday to a promising spot I found while small game hunting. Access road is between two marshes with a 100ydx100yd patch of pines about 50yds back from the road and is surrounded by marsh on all sides. Set up in back of the pines with about a 40 to 50 yd
clearing in front of me. About 4:15 I hear a rustle in the marsh coming towards me. Just about dark 4 does and a fawn walk in front of me about 40yds away. Shouldered up and took aim at the biggest one .....Money shot. I was worried that I'd have to trek thru the marsh in the dark , but she dropped where she stood. I guess it was the hunting gods paying me back for my sight breaking and the hour and half drive to my dads for a replacement. No worrys ! For some reason that sight breaking isnt pissing me off as much.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good thing, bad things can happen with damaged equipment.