Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Got a Doe today, #6 on the year >

Got a Doe today, #6 on the year

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Got a Doe today, #6 on the year

Old 11-25-2004, 05:06 PM

Default Got a Doe today, #6 on the year

Another semi-successful day. We decided among the group to only shoot does if they are giving you a fairly good shot, as we dont need too many more shot. I was posting a drive in a stand and had a few does move through with a spike but they didnt give me a clean shot. Just as i could see orange on the horizon line, a doe and a pair of fawns came trotting towards and i actually had to stand up because she got so close. couldnt use the sides as a rest anymore. i bleated with my mouth, put the crosshair behind her shoulder, and squeezed the trigger. she had no reaction to the shot, and i thought about shooting one more time as she ran by. this is at 25 yards too. i was beginning to get worried that i missed when i heard a crash. i wasn't sure if she was down or she just ran through a treetop. Once the drive was finished, i walked over to the area i shot her and began looking for blood. i found where i hit her, and it was an easy track to follow. a guy with a can of red paint couldn't have made an easier trail to follow. she ran 50 yards and i found her under a log. probably a 120 lb field dressed doe. good size. the bullet struck one lung, the top of the heart and the aorta, andthe other lung before exiting the other side.perfect hit. probably the easier shot i have ever had. that is deer #6 on the year, 5 with a gun, 1 with a bow, and all does. hopefully going to get mr.big tommorrow or next weekend in iowa. Happy Turkey Day yall

slayer
Old 11-25-2004, 05:59 PM

Default RE: Got a Doe today, #6 on the year

nice doe man! here in Tennessee a 120 doe would be a monster
Old 11-25-2004, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice one, right now we have the same record going. Hope you get your buck, I'm still waiting on mine too.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates,How many doe can you shoot in wi. ???
Old 11-26-2004, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

How many deer can you shoot, the most in Texas is 5 in some counties, however most are 3.
Old 11-26-2004, 08:16 AM

Wow, here in PA if your lucky enough to get a bonus tag the most doe you can shoot is 2. How many are you allowed in WI.?
Old 11-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

I live in pa and I can shoot 6 does this year. There are DMAP and special reg areas that allow you to get lots of tags.
Old 11-26-2004, 07:00 PM

we own land in the CWD units and down there its as many deer as you want. you can get 4 free tags per day every day of the season. you could shoot hundreds of deer under the laws. it's earn a buck down there too. i just let everyone else tag them so we all have buck tags. they really want the numbers down in our state. especially where we hunt. its pretty nice being able to shoot as many does as you want, it really helps our management program. i think we've taken 12 so far this year. probably just go for a nice buck until the season gets over on January 3rd..rifle season all through december. im hoping to score on a nice buck over the corn field during christmas break.

slayer