Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Computer hunting on news

Old 11-24-2004, 03:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Computer hunting on news

yes these idiots made the evening news last night.So now the world of antis got some good fuel. Texas id going to try and make a law to forbid it from happening
Old 11-24-2004, 07:08 AM

Default RE: Computer hunting on news

I also saw a short article on ABC the other night. Honestly I can't see this really going through...What happens if the morons behind the computer shooting intentionally wound deer? Or aim up and lob bullets? I really think theres just to many 'what if's' for this to really pass. Who knows though....idiots will always try.
Old 11-24-2004, 07:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't see the need for this type of "hunting". If it is made illegal, and I think it should be, the anti's will claim it as a victory.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I do not know what you all are talking about. Cumputer games??
Old 11-24-2004, 08:32 AM

I'm having a hard time understand what yall are talking bout for some reason....what is computer shooting...help me out guys im stumped....dont laugh! lol
Old 11-24-2004, 08:35 AM

For those that dont know what they are talking about is hunting at home from a computer. There is a ranch in texas that has created an online created rifle and sighting system that pay viewers can control. The services include shooting at a range and hunts for various animals. They claim there will be someone at the site of the devise to take control if users arnt using the devise properly. I personally think its a complete joke. Hunting isnt about sitting in your home and killing a trophy. Half the thrill of killing a trophy is knowing it was you and him...one on one in the woods.
Old 11-24-2004, 08:42 AM

It's my opinion only that the ONE use of this, is MAYBE for folks that aren't able to Physically hunt anymore. That if someone was suffering some some sort of physical disability or illness that prevented them from being able to enjoy the outdoors anymore. But I think that should be the extent of it. But for some joe-blow, they should get off thier lazy ass, and hit the woods.[:@]
Old 11-24-2004, 08:47 AM

I sent Texas Parks and Wildlife Department explaining my opposition to this business venture.
Old 11-25-2004, 05:30 AM

Has someone forgot the whole concept of hunting? It's about being outside enjoying nature. Feeling the earth beneath your feet, smelling the freah air, watching the wildlife scamper around. It's all about getting out of the house and away from phones, TV's, housecleaning, and chores. This country does way too much sitting around the computers, and TV's now. When I saw this on the news I almost fell out of my chair in disbelief. Don't do this with the next generation of young hunters, please!

I also believe we owe it to the deer and other wildlife to use fair chase. I really don't believe this will catch on, or at least I hope it doesn't. [:@]

dmayer
Old 11-25-2004, 05:57 AM
Spike

Here is the link to that website.

http://www.live-shot.com/species.shtml

Quick Reply: Computer hunting on news

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.