Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How often?

Old 11-23-2004, 09:10 PM

Default How often?

hello all,I was just wondering how often should i rattle and how long should i rattle for? and what kind of grunt should i be using this time of season? should i make a grunt once or twice every half hour?

Thanks in advance,
Old 11-24-2004, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: How often?

hello all,I was just wondering how often should i rattle and how long should i rattle for? and what kind of grunt should i be using this time of season? should i make a grunt once or twice every half hour?

Thanks in advance,
I would like to know this also.

Since the rut is in here I have found out that rattling isn't good during the rut.

Its good before and after but not good during.

Well Good Luck.

jrbsr
Old 11-24-2004, 08:26 AM

Default RE: How often?

when i rattle i usually rattle 2 times an hour or so and grunt in a 3 to 4 grunt succession every 15 to 20 minutes. usually when im grunting ill turn over the can 3 or 4 times since where im at the rut is on. hope this helps man. and a true talker grunt will handle all ur grunting needs i promise....excellent grunt call.