Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Sask Buck (Pic)

Old 11-21-2004, 01:34 PM

Default Sask Buck (Pic)

Howdy folks, I took this buck Friday morning about a mile south of my farm. I was set up in an old barn window by 7am. The does usually walk back to the bush after feeding at travel 100 yards past the barn. Before shooting time i had a few does come close by me, and i could see several bodies about 400 yards in front of me but couldn't tell what was what. As the sun came up deer started to travel back towards the barn. I could make out one failry nice buck at the back but he wasn't moving towards me all that fast. 8 does came right into my plan but that buck was still hanging about 400 yards out with a doe. I said to myslef, "Self just hold on he will come closer". By now it was about an hour into shooting time and all the other deer were long gone but this buck and doe. Then the deer lifted there heads, as i also heard a chocolate bar hunter driving around the edge of my field. The deer took off on a dead run but were coming towards me. At 150 yards goin full tilt i pulled up for the shot and spined him. He did a flip and that was all she wrote. I started to laugh at them fellas in that truck cause they were probably watching that buck and planning to shoot him then all of a sudden the thing just flips over dead. I never scored him because i am a bit afraid. Was a 5x4 but one brow tine is snapped off so i will take my dirty lickin' on the score. Not that huge buck i told myself i would shoot this year but i couldn't let him walk.

Old 11-21-2004, 01:44 PM

Default RE: Sask Buck (Pic)

hi nice buck bud congrats,,
Old 11-21-2004, 01:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

nice one hiawatha, big bodied deer also, man i love to hunt canada, i've only hunted(bow) in manitoba, at russell, close to the sask. border, ya'll grow'em nice up there. again way to go, i'm glad you got him instead of the guys in the truck. what is a chocolate bar hunter? is that just a saying, like here we have road hunters[:@].
Old 11-21-2004, 01:47 PM

lol is that a cat growing out the back of the deer....j/k man great deer. i have posted b4 bout the hatred of road hunters an people of teh such....great shot i love it that those a**holes didnt get the deer by hunting out of theyre controlled climate blind ha ha
Old 11-21-2004, 02:03 PM

Sorry bout the size of the pic i am trying to figure out how to shrink it down. Worked for one pic but not the other. I will keep trying though. Chocolate bar hunters are ya bascially road hunters and their snack of choice while making laps hunting is chocolate bars.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nicely done--good deer--sounds like a good shot too
HB
Old 11-21-2004, 03:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey hia....congrats on your barn buck, looks like he's got some good beams and nice height.... You sure have the high wrapper deer genetics cornered around your stead...I so love that, the score don't always do them justice but I do like sweeping beams (it is kind of luck junk to me...hard not to say yeah!!!!

Funny a number of years ago I took one I dubbed the dump buck, because he lived in bush directly behind a RM dump. I knew his routine & caught him one morning near the end of season on his daily trip to the dump....I still giggle at that one.

Extra sweet to drop the jaw of the cushion hunters...I would have loved to be a Snicker's bar wrapper in that truck when the buck did the flop...[8D].
Old 11-21-2004, 03:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice buck ,glad the chocolate bar hunters hopes MELTED away
Old 11-21-2004, 03:37 PM

sweet looking buck- congrats-
Old 11-21-2004, 04:03 PM
Spike

Thats a great looking buck! Congrats.

Quick Reply: Sask Buck (Pic)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.