Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Outlook for Dec. Illinois?

Old 11-18-2004, 07:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default Outlook for Dec. Illinois?

Hey Guys, I am going to Pike County, Illinois for a BlackPowder hunt the 2nd week of December. How do you think the warm weather in that area for most of the season so far will do for the late season hunts. I am guessing that some of the monsters that usually get taken early season will still be around. I looked at the weather and it won't be in the 40's until around Thanksgiving. Is this good or bad for my hunt? Just looking for some discussion to get me through.

Mike
Old 11-18-2004, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Outlook for Dec. Illinois?

you should do alright even though after both shotgun seasons the deer are running pretty scared .i see alot of deer after the shotgun seasons laying in the middle of large open fields but they too can be had