Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 First deer ever.....An 8 point! (pic) >

First deer ever.....An 8 point! (pic)

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First deer ever.....An 8 point! (pic)

Old 11-16-2004, 05:37 PM

Default First deer ever.....An 8 point! (pic)

Brand new to boards, but anyhow

What an amazing hunt. I've started hunting about a year ago just to really learn the basics. I only saw a few does, but had a great time non the less. Well this year I got a brand new H&R .243 ultra rifle and began to take huntin a lot more serious. I'd seen several does but never on does days, however it being rut I decided to go out this afternoon. After seeing 3 small does run by I was already pretty amazed, thats way more deer then I typically ever see.

Well it had got to be around 5:00 about 30 minutes since I had seen those does and all the sudden I caught some movement on the other ridge. I ought to mention i was just huntin behind some downed logs.
Anyhow i looked through my scope and see anlters. Well buck fever kicked in like crazy. I just layed my gun down and waited. The buck seemed to be followin where those does had went but eventually started to cross the valley and head my way.

All the sudden he went behind some trees and made it to my side of the ridge. Finally I started to shake real bad, but he suddenly stepped out from behind a clump of trees not 15 yards from me.
I shot, immediatenly knocked him over. He got back up, but I quickly fired again and put him down for good.
I was amazed....completely amazed. I'm not for sure the weight, but it had to of been over 200.

I hunt on 250 acres my family owns, and this is one of the biggest bucks harvested here so im so happy.

Ah well, what a afternoon, I'm so amazed I got the chance to get this deer and to have him so close to me without smelling me.
Perhaps someone could help me with the pic? I'm not for sure how to do it...
http://img49.exs.cx/img49/8657/Michaelanddeer20042.jpg
Old 11-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First deer ever.....An 8 point! (pic)

Nice Buck!! You should be extremely proud, Great Job!!
Old 11-16-2004, 05:49 PM

Hard to explain how i feel. I'm still shaking from it just thinking about it.....I can't believe I actually just had the opportunity to see a deer like it, muc less shoot it....
Old 11-16-2004, 06:17 PM

Wow, great way to start out! Congrats
Old 11-16-2004, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

nice un....
Old 11-16-2004, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Mike and welcome to this board. I hope that the excitement of that moment hooked you forever. I can tell you that I am 34 been huntin since I was 10 and still get that feeling. Hopefully We all do and thats why we do this. May you continue to spend as much time as possible in the great outdoors and have continued success--nice deer
HB
Old 11-16-2004, 07:14 PM

Ah don't worry, I do believe this is going to be a last a lifetime...I just find it so enjoyable to be able to sit in the woods for hours undisturbed... I doubt I'll take another deer this season. This'll be more then enough meat, and quite a memory to last.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates,welcome to the board
Old 11-17-2004, 06:37 AM

That for sure is a great lookin first deer! I had to go 6 years before I shot anything that big.
Old 11-17-2004, 06:39 AM

Congratulations! Nice deer.

Quick Reply: First deer ever.....An 8 point! (pic)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.