Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

somtimes friends can really

Old 11-14-2004, 08:30 PM

Default RE: somtimes friends can really

Now now!! I think its great that some people pass up bucks. I dont think anybody should ever be ridiculed about it unless they are complaing that they never get anything. I also think there is nothing wrong with shooting the first thing that walks under your stand. That is what i do and i have no regrets. I have shot six deer in 5 years of hunting. It makes me a very happy hunter. I dont think states should have point restrictions. That just makes hunting harder because then you have to spend much time counting points and with deer it is a lot more diffacult then elk. If you want to pass up smaller deer, all the power to you, and good job on your dicipline, but dont make other people pass up slightly smaller deer.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

You've gotta let them go if you want them to grow. Age is the biggest factor in determining antler size. A biologist at the range & wildlife meeting a while back gave a little presentation. His list of factors were:
1) Age
2) Age
3) Age
4) Nutrition
5) Genetics

Sometimes its hard to show restraint, but you never reap the big rewards without making a few sacrifices.

I would have been telling myself, "Must......restrain......from..........choking.... ....buddy......"
Old 11-14-2004, 11:58 PM

He thinks he has a right to say those things since he's your buddy! Don't worry about it! The hunters I admire are the ones who shoot does opening morning at the crack of light.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't allow the petty words of some people annoy you. You did the right thing for the right reasons and it is a sign of maturity and responsibility on your part.