Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

good knife

Old 11-10-2004, 06:30 PM

Default good knife

guys I am looking for a good all round folding knife. I don't really need a hunting knife, I have plenty of those, but I want a good all round pocket knife that I can use on a daily basis. Does anyone know a good maker. I don't want to spend $300 bucks on a knife, but I do want something that will last. Thanks for any help you guys can give.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:46 PM

Default RE: good knife

I have a couple of gerber and they are good. they hold an edge and feel good in the hand.I have had Case for years,but lately they want hold an edge.my wife got me a case for anniversity and it is reall sorry as far as holding an edge.I called Case and they said for a fee they would replace it,(and it is brand new;and they want a fee)[][:@].

my chose is Gerber.
Old 11-10-2004, 07:00 PM
Typical Buck

I bought a small buck knife ( black handle with the surgical steel blade ) from walmart for 20.00............ great knife! came with case too.
Old 11-10-2004, 08:44 PM

id say a good buck knife or an old timer .....kinda cheap but for the money.....well worth it
Old 11-10-2004, 09:17 PM

GAmagman,

You may want to check out Spyerco knives. They have a wide selection with good steel and great designs.

Best regards,

WSMDan
Old 11-10-2004, 09:59 PM

Gerber is a great knife but if you get one immediately take out the screws and put lock tite on them or they will come out and then the knife is worthless. $45.00 lesson learned!
Old 11-10-2004, 10:33 PM

My advice would be to buy the best cheapest knife around. I normally lose them in less then a year or I break the tip of the blade. Wal-Mart has a couple of $25 knifes that work good if you don't do what I mentioned above.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:51 AM

It isn't the toughest looking knife around, but Cutco makes a pretty sweet hunting knife. I don't know if you've ever used their knifes in the kitchen, but they are the sharpest around. They also come with a life-time warranty. A buddy of mine has one and swears by it, and he's been collecting knives for years.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:53 AM

woops, I forgot you wanted a folding knife
Old 11-11-2004, 01:31 PM
BS

I am going to let one of my secrets out! Why, because I have three! Want a slim light weight folder that is easy to sharpen. And did I say Cheap? Well Zippo makes a nice lightweight, some type of plastic grip with a finger groove. I you do a E-bay search they can be bought from .99 to 9.99. Most times they can be bought from $5-7! Best part is some of them have an orange handle, hard to leave in the woods when they glow orange!
They are made by Bradford in the USA!

Quick Reply: good knife

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.