Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 I posted this in the offseason, but thought you might enjoy.  I broke in another newbie >

I posted this in the offseason, but thought you might enjoy. I broke in another newbie

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I posted this in the offseason, but thought you might enjoy. I broke in another newbie

Old 11-08-2004, 03:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Default I posted this in the offseason, but thought you might enjoy. I broke in another newbie

I have been teaching a young man about hunting and shooting rifles. He had never shot rifles, so we started with rifle practice. I have also been explaining about hunting, and taken him out to scout. This weekend was the start of rifle season. I set him up on some heavily traveled trails at a cross wind. I set up off 300 yrds and up wind of the trails so I could call and rattle the bucks up for him. The first morning, we saw nothing. That evening, we set up, and just before dark I rattled up a hug buck. He shoots, the deer drops and we go get it. After field dressing this whitetail we weighed it. It weighed 180lb field dressed and scored 180 B and C. I told him we was ruined from this point on. It will take him a while before he tops his first deer.

I forgot to add, this was 180 b and c on a typical rack. A very symmetrical 8 point. It was a beauty.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:12 PM

Default RE: I posted this in the offseason, but thought you might enjoy. I broke in another newbie

We need some pics man.. But Congrates
Old 11-08-2004, 04:46 PM

Default RE: I posted this in the offseason, but thought you might enjoy. I broke in another newbie

180" 8pt.... the highest scoring 8pt ever recorded scored like 182", maybe you should get this officially scored and see if he can take the throne! Get some pics too
Old 11-08-2004, 05:22 PM

he might as well take does from now on , he'll think every buck is like that. Saw a 179BC 8pt on OLN last night from IL and that was one fine deer!
Old 11-08-2004, 11:38 PM

Thats fantastic congrats to him Ill bet he is one proud kid.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:52 AM

Well, congrats to the both of ya. Sounds like you did a great job teachin him everything
Old 11-09-2004, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to you both!
Old 11-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is awsome!! My first buck I got mounted, nothing like his but it was a 19 inch 9 pointer, about 135 BC. I thought at first that I would never top that but I did and when I did it made it all that more special. Congrats to you both, post the pictures!!
Old 11-09-2004, 03:03 PM
Dominant Buck

180" 8pt.... the highest scoring 8pt ever recorded scored like 182", maybe you should get this officially scored and see if he can take the throne! Get some pics too
Personally I dont score racks. The guy at the processor took a few measurements and said it will score in the 170 to 180s. I was going by that. It was the biggest deer in the freezer, by far. The processor told us it was the biggest he has processed in a couple of years.

To be honest, I was a little envious. I have not shot a deer yet with as nice of a rack, but have taken a few as big of bodied (and I have been hunting for over 25 years). We took pictures with a desposible camera, so if the pictures come out, ill try to scan them.
Old 11-09-2004, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

I have been teaching a young man about hunting and shooting rifles.
He is one lucky young man I didn't have any one to show me any thing about hunting.

What I know I had to learn on my own.

But it sounds like a really good Buck.

To bad hes not in the Deer Contest.

Tell him congratulations from jrbsr

Quick Reply: I posted this in the offseason, but thought you might enjoy. I broke in another newbie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.