Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Its Vacation time!

Old 11-05-2004, 08:27 AM

Default Its Vacation time!

First of all this is my first post....i would like to say ive been viewing the forums here for a few weeks and everyone here seems great and always willing to give great info and advise. Now....as for vacation....the hunting here in south Georgia has been tough with this heat the last week but there is hope in sight this weekend with the highs in the upper 60's. Vacation starts for me after work today. 10 days of nothing but enjoying my time in the woods with my father and hunting buddies. Looking foreward to a great trip up to the Piedmont national wildlife refuge next weekend also. I hope everyone has a great weekend hunting.

Oh as for me this year....ive killed a small 6 point and a doe. Ive Let a few smaller bucks walk and some does still looking for a bigger rack.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Its Vacation time!

Welcome!

I start 16 days vacation tomorrow up here in Montana. I'll hunt the eastern plains for the first week or week and a half, then come back closer to home in the dark timber of western MT for the rest of the hunt. I'm holding out for a 4-plus year old buck this year, and if I don't get that I'll just plunk a doe or two. I've got my elk in the freezer already.

Good luck with your hunt.
Old 11-05-2004, 08:40 PM

Default RE: Its Vacation time!

I got a 7 pointer close to home with BP on my second day of vacation.(Pic. is on the post). Back to work Monday for a week then off again for another week. I'll be out this weekend and all that week with the bow. Only one deer here with firearm allowed. Two with bow if extra tag is purched before the season.
Enjoy and goodluck.