Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Here is about pochers

Old 11-04-2004, 09:58 AM

Default RE: Here is about pochers

i'd bring my 12 ga. pump confront them, and if the deer is on my property, im gonna tag it and eat the venison for myself...
Old 11-04-2004, 12:44 PM

Yikes, I am glad you lived through it. I'll keep that in mind.[&:]
Old 11-05-2004, 08:18 PM

Sorry about my spelling its really bad an thank u micdundee for taking up for me not alot of ppl do that i no i dont no u but it means alot my leg has been hurting very bad these last 3 days cuz its cold out here in ky cant wait till the 13th its my 19th b-day an opening day of gun season
Old 11-05-2004, 08:47 PM

im getting pretty sick of poachers on our iowa land. theyre all over. shoot the bucks, saw off the head, and sell them for big bucks. theres two huge bucks, each with drop tines, that they've been trying to get for a while now, with no success. god knows what i'd do if i found the scum balls. i dont trust those kinda people so a confrontation wouldn't be something i would be looking for, even if armed to the teeth. 1 gun rarely defeats two guns.

slayer
Old 11-06-2004, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with Buckmine. He gave an intellegent answer that was indeed, very workable.
Recording evidence on cam corder is real good, too.

But grabbing a firearm, confronting these folks and playing sheriff ain't a good idea. No matter what the reason, if you pop some guy, or get popped yourself in a gunfight I will guarantee that you will regret it for the REST OF YOUR LIFE! You will face some serious charges, some serious lawyer fees, probobly some REAL prison (not jail) time, plenty of family hardships, both financially and socially plus a lifetime criminal record. If your or someone else's life isn't in immediate danger you'd be pretty hardpressed to convince a judge or jury that you were acting in a reasonable fashion by grabbing a firearm and proceeding TO the trouble. That makes you an instigator and aggressor. Prosecutor will TEAR YOU UP in court!

Think (with your upper brain) before you post. I understand your feelings and frustration, I will continue to do all I can to put poachers out of business in my areas and I think everyone should - but you got to keep it real.

Uncle Matt (in IL)
Old 11-08-2004, 04:47 PM

we have to stop the poachers because they are the ones that are going to shut down hunting for good
Old 11-08-2004, 06:30 PM
dpv
Typical Buck

Being 13 explains why you woulid go into that situation. As for the person who said they were gonna shoot the truck....Basicly I don't think the round will have any effect on the actual block. If you believe that the block of an older picku would be penetrated by a 300 h and h you have a limited understanding of balistics. The radiator and other crucial parts under the hood, yeah, but not the block. Then there's the legal point. HAve a round you fire ricochet and hit one of them and you are screwed. Your going to jail. Even if noone gets hurt. You might still be charged and have your weapon confiscated. I know you must be really pissed that they are on your property but you are a decent person and they are scum. I would hate for you to be on the legal chopping block and them to be able to scream victim.

David
Old 11-08-2004, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Here is about poachers

i'm sorry to hear about this ,proud of you for standing up for what it is right.... it does make me think about approaching the dirtballs i do come across......as hard as it will be, i get mad, i try to think, but i get so enraged/irrate , but i'll think of you often to help me out thanks for sharing this.
i had airboaters drop off some dirtballs hunting the wma i was hunting, called fwc, they never made it out[:@]
Old 11-08-2004, 06:47 PM

dude that sucks
Old 11-09-2004, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

We had a problem with poachers last year...shot a big 11 point in our front field...from road...I had pictures of deer from my deer cam...
We called game warden...gave him a key to front gate...he setup decoy...
We got lucky...he caught the guy...He has caught 6 more this season...
Sometimes they can be slow to respond...but it worked for us this time...