Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First Deer 8 point

Old 11-02-2004, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default First Deer 8 point

This is my first deer. I shot him second day of the season last gun season in wisconsin. He only has a 12 inch spread which probably is small to most of you people.. for me it was huge. It was rainy that day. we got there as usually bout 30 min b4 light. At first i was going to stay in the truck.. watch the feilds with my dad and uncle.. for some reason i just had that hunters urge. Before i knew it 5 minutes later i was heading up to my stand. My dad and uncle thought i was crazy and the deer wouldn't be moving. So i make my way up to my stand. Get in about 20 min from shoot time. Its raining real hard and i'm bout soaked. i sat till about 7 30 and finally gave up.. i was soo cold i couldn't feel my toes or ne of my body. drenched to the bone. I start walking back.. and decide to head towards this snowmobile trail through our woods. I get half way there. and suddenly there he was.. broad side shot. 30 yrds away looking right at me. The rain musthave mest him up so he couldn't really tell what i was.. i slowly raised the gun.. i was shaking soo much.. i got him in my scope.. and BANG! He dropped on the spot. My dad was so proud of me.. it was the best feeling in the world. It brought everyones spirit up. if you have a pic of first deer with story plz post it.. or just story. thnx
Old 11-02-2004, 07:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: First Deer 8 point

Srry forgot pic

Old 11-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

bushmaster_5bko I can still remember my first deer like it was yesterday. My son which is 9yrs old killed his first deer this yr 10-16-04 opening day a "doe". I can tell you i know what your dad was felling when you took your first deer. I was and still am so proud of my son It is a time in my life and my sons life we will never forget. And i`ll bet it is the same for you and your dad. Congrats and good luck on the next one!
Old 11-02-2004, 10:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

welcome bush, and i know you'll always keep that memory upstairs, best of luck the rest of the season...
Old 11-02-2004, 10:26 PM

Congrats I got my first buck 10/29/04 a small racked 8 point with 11 inch spread I will never forget it! Congrats again and welcome!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 12:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congrates, nothing wrong with that trophy.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:33 AM

Nice buck...enjoy your eats!
Old 11-03-2004, 05:32 AM

Congrats!!!!!! I'll bet seeing your dad's sh-t eating grin on his face was almost more gratifying than getting that nice buck!!!! He'll be telling all his hunting buddies about that for years to come!!! Sure is nice spending time with your father in the field isn't it..... Hope you get another!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 09:05 AM

congrats on the buck.
Old 11-03-2004, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty work!!! Nice buck and cngrats!!

Quick Reply: First Deer 8 point

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.