Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Fresh Earth cover scent...Anyone use it? >

Fresh Earth cover scent...Anyone use it?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fresh Earth cover scent...Anyone use it?

Old 11-01-2004, 09:21 PM

Default Fresh Earth cover scent...Anyone use it?

Hey,
Just wondering if anyone has used the Fresh Earth Cover scent that comes in a little container with the wafers you clip onto your clothing or hang on a branch, ect. If so, have any success stories while using it? I bought some and I guess it smells pretty "earthy", but I have never really smelled anything like that before while walking through the woods.
Thanks,
Chris
Old 11-01-2004, 09:54 PM

Default RE: Fresh Earth cover scent...Anyone use it?

I have placed them in with my hunting clothes in a scent proof bag and .......oh boy do they work , make sure the bag is completely closed or you can really stink up a room.
Old 11-02-2004, 12:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

I used them already.Dont really know if they contributed to a deer.But I think it makes sense to smell like the natural surroundings
Old 11-02-2004, 06:10 AM

I'm a user of the scent wafers and love them for both cover scent and to store cloths with. I own a can of the earth scent wafer, but have never opened them. White Oak is my choice.
Old 11-02-2004, 06:13 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: EASTXHUNTER

I'm a user of the scent wafers and love them for both cover scent and to store cloths with. I own a can of the earth scent wafer, but have never opened them. White Oak is my choice.
Ditto , but I favor the Fresh Earth version for cover scent . Both work well , I've had deer approach from downwind without being spooked by them . I use the acorn scented ones on the windows of my pop-up blind to cover escaping odors .
Old 11-02-2004, 07:22 AM

I use them all the time. It's one of the best smells in the world. I drop a wafer or two in my clothes bag and let them sit for a few months. By the time I'm ready to hit the field, my clothes smell like the wafers. I also hang a few around my blind as an added precaution.

I might switch to the white oak wafer since there are oak trees in the area. I'm hoping that I can lure a deer or two my way by smelling like a food source.
Old 11-02-2004, 09:56 AM

I use Scent Zapper (Wal-Mart) and it has the 'earthy' smell to it that you spray on your clothing before going out. It has worked GREAT! I had deer com out downwind from me and I was still able to stalk up to them in an openening. I think the earth smell is pretty good for a cover.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:18 AM

I also put one or two in a sealed plastic box with my camo clothes then I also put a fresh on my hat when I am out. My clothes smell like dirt, that's a good thing. So far so good.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use them also, put them in a bag with my camo
Old 11-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

i love em, it aint hunting if it dont smell like an earth chip

Quick Reply: Fresh Earth cover scent...Anyone use it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.